some rules explanations

By Elrad, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Good day/evening/night,

I am a false newbie tot his game as I have already played some games at home with a couple friends of mine. But, I just realized today that i had maybe done something wrong in all my game sessions :

When you decide do attack or defend with a unit, do you have to turn it horizontally (activate) to indicate that this unit has been activated or to attack or to defend ?

Because nothing like this seems to appear in the rules nor on the tutorial videos on ffg official site... That would mean that engaging a unit doesn't mean that it will be unavailable during the enemy turn nor that, at the beginning of our turn, we will "ready" them ?

Was alI wrong all the time to this very day ?

Thanks for the help and sorry for my complicated explanation, English is not my mother language (which is French, by the way).

Elrad

Turning cards horizontally in Warhammer Invasion is corrupting the card.

Unless specified by a card that you should corrupt a card you never do it, not even to attack or defend.

You can a uncorrupt a single card during your kingdom phase (when you get resources, after the beginning of turn and before you draw cards).

Corrupted cards cannot be declared as attackers or defenders.