Dark Genocide (193 - 6/6)

By Bosspferd, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Reaction : After this mission is completed, name a Trait other than Character or Vehicle . Deal 66 damage to each enemy unit with that Trait .

I have some questions regarding the timing of this.

Is the damage applied to all valid targets at once, so they're considered to go to the lost pile at the same time, thus the LS player gets to choose the order, or does DS announce them one by one?

What if LS wants to use "Defender" to redirect damage to a target which is not originally targeted. Say a theoretical situation in which DG would affect 2 units, and LS has a defender that can specifically defend only one of them.

Who would die first then? The defender, or the 2 valid DG targets? at which point would reactions happen, which trigger when the defender dies?

Hope this was not too confusing... sorry.

Anyways, thanks for any answer!

Did you mean "Protect"? I guess it's an interrupt, and would therefore happen before any reactions (FAQ page 7 and on). So first the protector would die, then everything related to its death must be fully resolved, then the interruption is over and continues with the mission reaction effect.

But it's a moot point, I think. From the FAQ: " If a card is eligible to be protected by something in play with the protect keyword, you may reassign any amount of the damage to the protecting card (up to the protecting card’s remaining damage capacity)."

So everybody dies, like on House or Game of Thrones.

Thanks alot.

Yes, I meant protector, sorry, messed that up, playing with only German cards.

However it was not my point to take ALL damage to the protector, I'm aware of that rule, was thinking of it as a method to get rid of a unit which is not targeted by the mission in addition to the others. Sometimes you just wanna get rid of a unit, for what reason ever, and in that case, it might be interesting to know in which order the cards go to the lost pile.

Yeah, I guess there are times you just have to downsize :)

The damage is assigned to all relevant units simultaneously. Protect can then be used to reassign the damage if possible (protect can't put the total assigned damage to the protecting unit above their remaining damage capacity). Then the assigned damage is placed simultaneously to all units (ignoring damage past their damage capacity). Then all units with damage up to their damage capacity are simultaneously destroyed (LS player decides which order they physically are placed in the discard pile).

Thanks a lot!

I think that satisfyingly answers my question. So there's no chance to react to the protector going to the discard pile before the other units go there, since they all head there simultaniously, if I got that right.

Thanks both of you. If for me, this can be closed then :D