Random Game Materials Thread

By Cogniczar, in Dark Heresy House Rules

This is just where I'm going to dump my random game materials I've been making for my campaigns.

Unique Homeworlds

homeworld__gael_secundus_by_somewhathere

homeworld__holy_hadronia_by_somewhathere

homeworld__blackborn_by_somewhathere-d9r

homeworld__annazir_by_somewhathere-d9r1x

homeworld__schola_progenium_by_somewhath

Backgrounds

background__commissariat_by_somewhathere

background__officio_medicae_by_somewhath

background__the_ordo_malleus_by_somewhat

Roles

role__recidivist_by_somewhathere-d9r29mv

role__martyr_by_somewhathere-d9r3qlp.png

Edited by Cogniczar

****, you didn't lose your time in your absence.

Do you have background stuff for your new worlds?

Nice,

I will point out a few mistakes in the Inquisitorial Ward (in your bestiary):

-He has adamantium faith without the necessary WP prerequisite (it can be done since its an NPC, but still...)

-The kind of inescapable attack (melee or ranged?) isn't precised.

-Is halo of command realy logical for those?

A few "mistakes" in the proctor:

-Maybe I am wrong, but I see proctors as "arbites sargeants" and so they go in the fray with their men. I would see them at least as good in combat than regular arbites (so higher WS and Toughness)

-They have true grit without 40 toughness.

Thank you very much for all that stuff, this is very nice indeed!

For the Commissariat background, I'd suggest dropping the quality of those weapons to normal. A Good Bolt Pistol is Extremely Rare, which seems unlikely to land in the hands of a low-level Commissar. You also only gave them three starting Skills, when everyone else gets 5. I'd add two more. Maybe add a Flak Cloak to the equipment as well, to represent the awesome stormcoat.

Nice,

I will point out a few mistakes in the Inquisitorial Ward (in your bestiary):

-He has adamantium faith without the necessary WP prerequisite (it can be done since its an NPC, but still...)

-The kind of inescapable attack (melee or ranged?) isn't precised.

-Is halo of command realy logical for those?

- During character generation, Player Characters can get skills and talents they do not normally qualify for as well. I didn't see that really as an issue to make flavorful enemies and variants of pre-existing entries.

- In my next update, it's going to be errata'd as (Pick One) for Inescapable attack.

- I thought so. Inquisitorial Wards will lead in the Inquisitor's stead, rallying troops to his righteous cause.

A few "mistakes" in the proctor:

-Maybe I am wrong, but I see proctors as "arbites sargeants" and so they go in the fray with their men. I would see them at least as good in combat than regular arbites (so higher WS and Toughness)

-They have true grit without 40 toughness.

Thank you very much for all that stuff, this is very nice indeed!

I see them as Arbites Sergeants as well, but being more experienced doesn't always equate to being equally strong or vicious in battle. If you want yours to have the same combat 'oomph' as a normal arbitrator, simply give his perks to the baseline profile. This Proctor profile is the more experienced, practical and leader roled Arbitrator.

- Again, I don't restrict myself with prerequisites as even in Character Generation it's not an issue.

And no problem. Much more work is to be done.

For the Commissariat background, I'd suggest dropping the quality of those weapons to normal. A Good Bolt Pistol is Extremely Rare, which seems unlikely to land in the hands of a low-level Commissar. You also only gave them three starting Skills, when everyone else gets 5. I'd add two more. Maybe add a Flak Cloak to the equipment as well, to represent the awesome stormcoat.

Updated upon your suggestion. =D

For tonights transcribing and sharing, I added the following:

Homeworld: Schola Progenium

Homeworld: (Holy) Hadronia

Background: Ordo Malleus

There is good stuff again in here!

Thanks a lot for all of this!

I really like Scu... ehm Recividist and rather sensible Commissariat backround. Officio Medicae as well, but I dont feel their Backround Bonus feels right. Rather than making them Super-Medicae, I imagine something more social/beaurocratic, like +10 bonus to Charm tests against recievers of medical aid, or two-level easier ability to requistion medical aids and/or drugs.

background__questoris_familia_by_somewha

How I plot and scheme. Blue boxes are the names of the Player Characters.

All this was the meta plot points across the campaign I'm running as pieced together by one player.

plot_relations_key_by_somewhathere-d9rar

What is the questoris familia supposed to represent, I think I never saw that term before.

Imperial Knight noble families.

That's what I thought!

Thank you!

Curse of the Ages

Value: 2,000 xp

Alignment: Undivided

Prerequisites: Corruption 80, Psy Rating 10, Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) +30

Action: 5 Full Actions

Focus Power: Opposed Hellish (-60) Willpower Test

Range: Touch

Sustained: No

Subtype: Attack, Concentration

Description: Ahasaerus, a practitioner of the dark arts of chaos sorcery, grew famous in the annals of Namaah for bestowing this curse to his mortal enemy, Zeri’k. Upon being afflicted, Zeri’k continued to suffer horrendous and mortal wounds, but never dying. No sorceries nor medicae could help him. Cybernetics would fail to respond, the greatest of biomantic powers fizzled and died. Until his own ordained time of death, Zeri’k remained alive - bearing with him each and every festering wound and ache throughout his long life span.

Effect: This power is a Psychic Malediction. The target of this power opposes this power with a Very Hard (-30) Toughness Test. If the target fails, there is no immediate visible effects. Instead, the target will continue to act normally until he receives a wound or falls ill. From then on, the target becomes unable to cure simple aches, ailments, staunch wounds. The character receives Fatigue normally, but never perishes from the condition. Instead, the target remains alive until his ordained natural lifespan expires. During this time, medicae skill tests fail to heal his wounds, any conditions inflicted upon such as Blindness or Deafness remain permanent. Cybernetics he possess fail to work and become lifeless in his possession. While the wounds he receives remain open and both bleed and fester, the target remains in excruciating pain but cannot die.

A setting specific chaos power I had created for one of the sorcerer's in my campaign's backstory.

Edited by Cogniczar

Geomancy/Sorcery of Life Work in Progress Google Doc: Link