My current build of Earth Rashotep

By VikramS, in UFS Deck Building

Goddammit it got deleted the first time I typed it, but anyway here's the decklist:

Starting Character - 1x Rashotep, 6HS 27V, Death/Earth/Void

Assets (3):

3x 3/5 Bracers Of Horus & Set +4M

Attacks (18):

4x 5/3 Close Throw

4x 5/3 Cobra Clutch +2M

3x 5/2 One Handed Crocodile Grasp

4x 4/3 Cobra Twist +2H

3x 4/3 Flooded Nile Throw +3H

Foundations (39):

3x 4/5 King Of The Ring +3M

4x 2/5 Stand Off +3M

4x 2/5 In Search Of Plunder +3M

4x 2/5 Enemies Now Friends +3H

4x 2/5 Ka Technique +3M

4x 2/4 Undisputed Ruler

4x 2/4 Hungry For Battle

4x 1/5 Torn Hero

4x 1/5 Brooding +3H

4x 0/5 The Man Behind The Mask +3M

Total - 60+1 cards

Sideboard:

4x 2/5 Killer Android +2L

4x 2/5 Paid To Protect +3M

I wrote a whole card choice explanation but it got deleted, of course, so I will add more later. For now, the basic strategy is apparent, it's an aggressive Earth build with some powerful control built in and that's the basic gist. Comments appreciated, thanks, and I'll post more as they come up.

No Double Crown of Egypt? I understand that it's not the easiest card to get but it always looked **** good to me on paper.

we have like 8 copies of the crown....but it doesnt work in the deck

Wait, Crocodile Grasp and Cobra Clutch, but no Nelsons? Seems like a bad call. Nelson wins games, just cuz its Combo makes it such a threat and it combos with itself. C'mon, what have you got to lose?

Nelson is good, but you need to cut crocodile grasp for it. Otherwise your control checks are very bad in a very slow building deck. That and crocodile grasp is one of the best reasons to even run rasho vs. other other characters. The flexibility and utility you get from wayne brady > the extra couple damage from nelson. Just what i have found at least.

Glad to see you added Wayne Brady's Crocodile Mile Gripz. Card is the balls Vik. Also, you cut POTM from the build? What was your reasoning here? Otherwise solid deck. Seems like good Earf lovin.

ShippuJinrai said:

Nelson is good, but you need to cut crocodile grasp for it. Otherwise your control checks are very bad in a very slow building deck. That and crocodile grasp is one of the best reasons to even run rasho vs. other other characters. The flexibility and utility you get from wayne brady > the extra couple damage from nelson. Just what i have found at least.

Or... you can run both and Cervantes dat.

this deck inspires me a Void version to abuse Half Nelson, Recursion with Dread Pirate and Body of souls!!!

Thanks Vik!

Yeah, I'm not running like 6-7 2ccs. Crocodile Grasp is good enough.

Drew, I felt I didn't need POTM in it, honestly it doesn't speed me up all that much and frankly I like the consistent pump of Bracers better for Rasho. Plus I friggin hate POTM, but whatever...it would be in here if I felt I needed it, but currently I don't think I do.

Double Crown is okay, but really not needed and usually it becomes overkill. I'd rather have more foundations/offensive weapons.

VikramS said:

Yeah, I'm not running like 6-7 2ccs.

</3

my heart, after you broke it ;.;

Homme Chapeau said:

VikramS said:

</3

Speaking of which, looking at this deck now, I kinda hate it??? I want to build him off Death again with Croc Grasps, it might be better. Goddammit why can't I figure out how to make this guy like, actually viable?

what about a death build?

VikramS said:

Homme Chapeau said:

VikramS said:

</3

Oh shut up. Like I'm about to break my cardinal rule of UFS deck building, which is unless extremely warranted due to stupid combo potential of hard-check style decks, no more than 4 bad checks. I have yet to break this rule for any competitive deck and I'm not about to start for Mummy McSlow over here.

Speaking of which, looking at this deck now, I kinda hate it??? I want to build him off Death again with Croc Grasps, it might be better. Goddammit why can't I figure out how to make this guy like, actually viable?

I have been trying to build a consistant Rashotep since he came out, and all I can say is that he is anything but consistant. I thought with the release of King's stuff it would take him over the top, and while it certainly has helped, he still isn't nearly good enough. Against really aggressive hard hitting decks (Ragnar, Heihachi, Bryan Fury) he just can't build fast enough to withstand the pain once it comes. My current build is off of Earth (my previous incarnation was Void, did not work at all) which works some times, but not consistently enough. Actually my deck is very similar to yours, with the exception of some foundation differences here and there.

I'm going to continue playing him, stubbornly perhaps but I feel like he has potential to be top tier, just not sure what changes I can make to do so. My next choice might be playing him off of Death, but i feel that Earth is still his best symbol.

VikramS said:

Honestly, I find Death to be so anti-meta right now that it could have some potential. Although the attack line-up may leave a lot to be desired if you want to build him with the chokeslams. Although with the bracers... hm.

Potential. It has it.

do you think No Forgiveness would work in the deck? it's a mean card, I think...

magicmint said:

do you think No Forgiveness would work in the deck? it's a mean card, I think...

Hmm that's not a bad idea. Frankly I like the flexibility of Memories Of A Nightmare better (which I cut) but I will look into it, thanks.

VikramS said:

Hmm that's not a bad idea. Frankly I like the flexibility of Memories Of A Nightmare better (which I cut) but I will look into it, thanks.

If you're not trying to Combo, No Forgiveness! gives you another control option that is outright nasty as it can only be negated by PotE or Soul Edge *. It doesn't trigger Torn Hero nor Regretful Existence, nor anything really. It's just "Boom foundation is gone nao."

I have it in my King deck - around here it is a very hated card.

personally I love no forgiveness in Rashotep, it allows me to permenately remove a foundation as a threat so Rashotep and Ka tech can deal with other cards on my opponents turn.

I am currently run Rashotep off earth with a splash of death for cursed blood and it seems to run fairly well.

But that's just my two cents

I have a good idea for your Rashotep deck. Here's what mine looks like.

1x Rashotep
4x One-handed Crocodile Grasps
3x other cards

That's my Rashotep deck. See where I'm going with this? Build something else you're familiar with off of any of Rashotep's symbols, and pack in the Rasho surprise in the sideboard. It worked for me last year in Ft. Myers during teams: Earth control Anakaris into Rashotep game 2 for more control.

It will more than likely blindside the opponent. You will see that no matter what the deck is, siding into Rasho, 4 Croc Grasps and 3 other cards can REALLY change the playstyle of the original deck, and the surprise alone might win you games (if you can handle the extreme differences).

The only real problem is that, in this block, the only character who really sides well into Rashotep is King, and really, I think we've seen enough of him.

MarcoPulleaux said:

and really, I think we've seen enough of him.

same could be said for you sir...

forgot to put the lol at the end of that last post to let people know i was joking

Awaken said:

forgot to put the lol at the end of that last post to let people know i was joking

yeah it was still completely unnecessary. If it was a joke, it didn't even have a set-up.

Leave being a public jackass to me. K? K.