What are the treasure like in AoD?

By Jools2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I'd love to know what the treasures are like in AoD, especially the more interesting ones. I'd love to hear what level they are and what they do. I hear the bag holding is quite broken!

Jools said:

I hear the bag holding is quite broken!

For a copper level treasure, yes. One would expect a bag that lets you hold EVERYTHING be at least a gold level if not legendary treasure.

And by legendary I mean one of the blue background relics.

The Bag of Holding is a great Treasure for Copper. By the time you reach a gold Treasure you want a great weapon or some armor not some bag that let's you hold more items.

There are some new copper weapons that give you added damage and make the OL loose threat and I believe a new armor. A few shop items and some cool things for the OL.

All in all I am happy with the whole line of Descent. I am still waiting for ToI to be shipped, though.

I liked the treasures in AoD, and I think it should be mentioned there are cursed treasures and dark relics. Some of the cursed treasures are quite good. Just at copper level you get a sweet bow called "Back Biter" and a very cool sword called "the Shadow Sword" (just as two examples). When you get a cursed treasure, you get a curse token, meaning that your hero's conquest token value is increased by one (thus, if you had a four conquest token character with a cursed item, his conquest token value would now be five). So there is a downside to the cursed treasures, but I personally like the idea, and the cursed items themselves are usually quite cool. However, AoD also introduces a Black Curse ability of its dark priests. Each time you kill a master dark priest, that hero gets a curse token. So, if you get some cursed weapons and then kill some master dark priests, you could get quite a few curse tokens, making your hero's conquest token value very high. This could be devestating when that hero is killed.

General types of treasure (available at different levels):

Melee hammers with Knockback

Ranged weapons with Web.

Runes with Breath and Burn.

Robes (high armour against ranged and magic attacks, low armour against melee) These also let you equip 1 extra Other item and there is a town version.

Various items granting a bonus for one type of attack (eg Scorpion helmet) so that there is now one of every type at every level

Cursed items (copper only)

-Shadowblade (melee, reduces threat)

-Backbiter (ranged, restores life)

-Staff of the Grave (magic, ignores undying)

-Skull shield (can be used against traps and reduces Breath and Blast attacks)

Others

-bag of holding (copper)

-Bottle Imp (silver, familiar with Aura)

-Eyes of Thara (silver, an immovable Boggs the Rat, to be be placed on the board once)

-Wishing Ring (gold, pick either any silver item, 1,000 gold, or 3 conquest)

Probably plenty more I can' think of

Thanks for all the info guys. So what *exactly* does the bag of holding do?

It lets you hold as much stuff in your pack as you want. Also I think you get to keep all of your gold when you die.

Jools said:

Thanks for all the info guys. So what *exactly* does the bag of holding do?

expands the number of stuff you can hold in your pack from 3 to INFINITY