Talisman: Times of Peril

By Bludgeon, in Talisman Home Brews

I'm working on a homebrew expansion right now. Here's a preview:

emperor%20eagle_zpse6hyi76y.png

Edited by Bludgeon

Ya know... When I designed my Gates of Hell expansion I came across something that I didn't like: the addition of another NPC. I went it because it was a center piece on my design, but even so it's my least favorite thing in that homebrew (the idea, not the NPC per se).

It's fine if you're only playing the base game, but a LOT of people invested copious amount of time, effort and money to get a few expansion running along the base game, and the NPCs pile up pretty quickly :/

I tend to use my expansion with only another NPC. Why? That way we don't get a NPC flying around everytime someone rolls something.

That being said, can you show us more? The idea? The setting? Is it another board?

Best regards,

Silvio

Edited by SilvioJesus

I still working on it, but basic idea is to take reaper, werewolf, harbinger out of the game, and them bring them back but only one at a time. Those peril cards describe what NPC (or other threat) players have to deal with at the time. Once defeated, a new peril arises.

There will also be doom cards, which are similar but designed to end the game. After certain number of won peril cards game moves to a doom card which gives rules for winning or losing the game. Doom cards are also a way to use dragons, harbinger or firelands only during the last part of the game, instead of all the time.

Rules (first draft, nothing playtested yet)

_rules_zpslw1yjikh.png

Edited by Bludgeon

a sample non-enemy Peril

ice%20queen_zpsjktm9jri.png

sample curse

feral%20hunger_zpste3dgjuk.png