Wiz-War: one of my favorite games that nobody seems to know

By Dread Pirate Robins, in Wiz-War

I got into playing Wiz-War two decades ago in college, on a friends older set which had lots of custom cards. I then went to buy a set a few years down the road only to find that Chessex had the rights and wasn't releasing anything. I was excited when Fantasy Flight obtained the rights because I knew something would happen, and something did. The edition FFG released is nice, and I ordered it via a local game shop (which didn't normally stock it?) when I heard it was available.

I have trained the next generation of gamers to play it. They (my daughters) were about 9 or 10 at the time and they still love the game as pre-teens.

Almost nobody else I know in the local gaming circles has ever played it or even knows about it.

I think it's time for me to take it to a board game night and introduce it to a few strangers.

I got into playing Wiz-War two decades ago in college, on a friends older set which had lots of custom cards. I then went to buy a set a few years down the road only to find that Chessex had the rights and wasn't releasing anything. I was excited when Fantasy Flight obtained the rights because I knew something would happen, and something did. The edition FFG released is nice, and I ordered it via a local game shop (which didn't normally stock it?) when I heard it was available.

I have trained the next generation of gamers to play it. They (my daughters) were about 9 or 10 at the time and they still love the game as pre-teens.

Almost nobody else I know in the local gaming circles has ever played it or even knows about it.

I think it's time for me to take it to a board game night and introduce it to a few strangers.

I love this game and so do my boys. It can produce some of the quickest or some of the longest played sessions ever!

I only wish we could see some more expansions and libraries from FFG, maybe even a 6th player...

FFG should give more love to this game.
Its a great game and i think that lots of people would love to see new expansions.
Its not that the game is incomplete, we just want to see more schools of magic and maybe more miniatures :D .
We will never get enough Wiz-War.

it's funny because wiz-war have theme and mechanics that several years later become the basis for MTG. sometimes i explain this to my friends and their reaction it's like: "no, maybe is WW that have copied MTG"

it's since 2012 that i try to convince people to play WW, but with few results. Recently my group of d&d sessions are happy to play, but they are an oasis in the desert. When i had a game club i tried also to make a tournament, without any result, and in the last year i start a customization work that involve also people working on warhammer's stuff, so someone are knowing this game, but it's hard.

by the way, my blog it's in a great moment of views, everyday someone fros US, Canada, Germany, Spain, and other countries are follow my jobs, so ithink there are few players around the world, and i hope my jobs on the blog can help the sharing of this game.