What new stuff to expect?

By jux, in Alien Invasion

So, it is out! :)

I have the Zombie game in the series and Alien Invasion looks really cool. I wonder what additional new features this game will add.

I can expect new scenarios and GM advice, but what about player options?

Is it still expected, that players are civilians or can there be more heroic character types - special forces, etc?

Any new mechanics to the system? Alien powers, etc.

From what I've seen, the first half of the book is primarily the rules of the RPG, just as they are in the other books, with the second half describing the scenarios for the theme. This makes sense since it looks like each book is designed to stand completely alone from the others (so, you don't have to buy the zombie book for the rules if you do not like zombie games).

Again, I'm still reading through all the scenarios, so there could be something I have not come across yet.

Wrath of the Gods had equipment you could take from fallen enemies, including some magical items [but most were cursed] and a few NPCs could bless you with power. I imagine that there will be more alien gear that you may be able to grab and use.

Wrath of the Gods had equipment you could take from fallen enemies, including some magical items [but most were cursed] and a few NPCs could bless you with power. I imagine that there will be more alien gear that you may be able to grab and use.

This sounds about right. I'm hoping to see more like this.

Of course, I'm really wanting to run a pod people scenario. Especially one in which I show up to run the game, but I've already been replaced. (Evil grin)

Sidebar on Pilots and Vehicles (page 36) and the vehicle stats in the scenarios.

This sounds about right. I'm hoping to see more like this.

Of course, I'm really wanting to run a pod people scenario. Especially one in which I show up to run the game, but I've already been replaced. (Evil grin)

Will you ever do a skype and/or roll 20 game?

The main addition is rules for advanced technology, since the players are likely to get a hold of it during the late apocalypse or early post apocalypse!almost all their tech can be used second hand, and they even have an F16 and an M1 Abrams