experimental interface rules question.

By philip unbekant, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

Hello everyone. I'm new to x-wing and I found a use for experimental interface that I'm being told by friends can't be done.

I want to use the action of the upgrade card then use experimental interface to use squad leader a second time.

They state that an action can be used once per turn. I agree with that but I feel the interface breaks that rule in the same way gunner or Luke skywalker breaks the use primary Weapon once per turn rule in fat Han builds.

Are any of us right?

No, you can never do the same action twice unless a specific card says that.

On gunner it says: After you perform an attack that does not hit, you may immediately perform a primary weapon attack. You cannot perform another attack this round .

Experimental interface: Once per round , after you perform an action , you may perform 1 free action from an equipped Upgrade card with the " Action: " header. Then receive 1 stress token.

Bottom of page 9, under Other Actions:

However, a ship cannot perform the same action more than once during a single game round (not even when the action is a “free action”).

Using Squad Leader is an action, and you can only perform a given action once per round. There is nothing in the game that creates any exceptions to that rule.

A lot of new players do, however, get confused about what is and is not an action. It is possible for an ability to provide the EFFECT of an action without actually performing the action, for example, if something assigns a ship a focus token the ship is still able to perform the focus ACTION later.

I'm not sure what the gunner example Whippoorwills is supposed to highlight, attacking and actions are two separate things.

Finally, this sub-forum is supposed to be about FFG's scenario creation tool, there is an entirely separate sub-forum for rules questions and you'll probably get a much better response rate there.