Fervious planet?

By PnPgamer, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

I was planning to enter my acolytes into some planet that is nearby Scintilla, I ended up for Fervious after a short research.

There is very little information about fervious though.

for instance, what does the fervious serpent look like? how about the local beast of burden called styger? the place is a savage feudal world void of machine spirits blessings, how do locals react to people that clearly possess technology?

better yet, stats for fervious serpent and styger would be great.

these are the things I've found:

Edited by PnPgamer

My Campaigns climax will be in Fervious, so I created a full fledged world with whole map, cities, political structure. All the basic info you can find in Calixis Encyclopedia supplement.

Now. What I did. If you are currently a player of my campaign. stop here.

The map and better quality (Fixed)
This planet has orbital station for governor, who almost never decends below. Tithe is most famous resources and men.
A lot of space is oceans. So I will use adapted RT ships rules for see ships. I already have done it and have some example ships, Sea Krakens.
There is a capital Fervious which is untouched by all existing factions. But factions fight for territories.
Factions are with their strongholds:

• Iron Forge (mining), and territories : mineeast,watford, old falhill, salt vale, butterville, strongmarsh
  • FangStone (leather, toxins), and territories: serpent jungle, hummingteeth’s river, Westpool, misty swamps,Ordale, the vale of west styger ,Wolfhaven forest
  • Southwatch Stronghold ( secures from beasts (Game of Thrones Style) from South Everfrost,) and territories: whole bottom,with the wall, flylocust swamps,isthmus of perils, merrytown the dreadful isles, hypnotic glade woods, todmorden, dragon scale fjords, dragonhead, the desolate fjords
  • Sword Harbour (just isles, minor faction)
  • Durhead faction, which does not have a stronghold. They are neutral, land of outcasts and the olds (dreadwood Forest, lake of fogmist, middlelow, eastside of the lost souls, walland the vale of Yellowich, Rothead

There is more info about each places.

Edited by Rese

your map links require permission to see.

The 'ENCYCLOPEDIA CALIXIA' link in my signature below lists every reference to a Calixis Sector planet that I have been able to find, if that helps.

Fixed. see again

Fixed. see again

thanks! Nice map! You wouldn't happen to have any combat statistics for fervious serpent and/or styger, would you?

Edited by PnPgamer

I dont have them, but I think it is not so hard to do it ( I will need to). The styger is a beast of burden, so it is used most likely for somekind of labour or food. You could use Grox, Krootox, Horse or just use GM book to generate it/ flavour it. Imagine it would have tyger like fur and would most likely used as a steed for riding, moving carriages and doing other farming labour and herd for food. It should be big. Now the serpent could be bigger than normal slithering creature. Again, would use GM book.

grox and horse are in the core rulebook, maybe i'll just either of those. as the description tells about viscious liquid (basicly honey), part of me thinks that they might be insectoid in nature...

Edited by PnPgamer

grox and horse are in the core rulebook, maybe i'll just either of those. as the description tells about viscious liquid (basicly honey), part of me thinks that they might be insectoid in nature...

It is written that they give birth to whelps , so I think it is a mammal. In my campaign they will be grown in herds (there are green valleys for it in map) for food, hide, farm and carriage labor. Also, I would make them omnivore (but mainly vegetarian) with bulls attitude. They would stomp if scared badly.

It is written that they give birth to whelps , so I think it is a mammal. In my campaign they will be grown in herds (there are green valleys for it in map) for food, hide, farm and carriage labor. Also, I would make them omnivore (but mainly vegetarian) with bulls attitude. They would stomp if scared badly.

However! Whelping refers to a birthing of a carnivorous mammal... odd.

Edited by PnPgamer

Yep.. Carnivorous. But even carnivorous mammals like Dogs can eat vegetables. Cats eat grass. Anyway, I am going to make them omnivore.

Yep.. Carnivorous. But even carnivorous mammals like Dogs can eat vegetables. Cats eat grass. Anyway, I am going to make them omnivore.

well dogs are omnivores. while cats can and will eat grass, they cannot process the grass itself into sustenance. they are pure carnivores.

but we are derailing a bit.

I guess I have enough material so that I can make something out of it.

Edited by PnPgamer

Glad.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Glad.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

I lol'd

Saitama. Ok

Yeah I know, I watched the serioes.