Stable Warp Gates

By Valarion, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Other than the one in the Jericho Reach are there any known and discussed Gates? I couldn't find any named but there have to be some right?

Basically, the Webway used by the Eldar is an entire network of linked "Stargates" that connect to millions of different destinations in realspace. Basically they create stable realspace tunnels through the warp. Unfortunately, since they were created by a precursor civilization, they are not always intact and generally not accessible by humanity. Try this link for more information: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Webway

I think he's talking separate of the Webway. When you go into the Webway, you find yourself within a complete pocket-dimension that you then must navigate through to find the proper door back to the area of real space you want to go. The Warp Gates I think he's referring to are the ones where two gates direct-connect, and zip you through from one to another in a blink, without all that door-maze navigation you have to deal with in the Webway.

This is what he's talking about

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warp_Gates

Beyond the two mentioned, I don't know of any specific others. However, I do know Rogue Trader has Warp Gate Maps, which help Navigators and ship crew find them in the Expanse to speed up their travel time. Given how the mechanics of using the maps (and the gates) work, it's implied that the Koronus Expanse has many warp gates, but they predominantly link to other gates in the Expanse, with the exception of the Jericho Reach gate.

What Crow Eye said. I know how the Webway works. I was referring to the interconnected gates that only travel from point to point. It's unfortunate that more aren't named specifically but it's helpful to know that the Rogue Traders have maps of them.

There is also 2 in orbit around the Warhammer Fantasy Planet...

One day I'll see that inevitable exterminates, one day...

There is also 2 in orbit around the Warhammer Fantasy Planet...

The one over the North pole collapsed in the Old World's prehistory, creating the Chaos Wastes.

That gate was originally created by the (presumed extinct) Old Ones to facilitate interplanetary travel; since the Old Ones are also incorporated into 40K's history, it's safe to assume that there are several of their (incredibly ancient) Warp Gates scattered throughout the Imperium. I don't know of any specific ones other than those mentioned, but the background has been prepped to add them wherever a GM needs one to facilitate a storyline.

Wouldn't they logically be gates to the webway, since eldar inherited the Ancient's webway?