Tuesday News - Assume Command!

By Slugrage, in Star Wars: Rebellion

I am confused by their segment on opposing a mission. The mission is the build alliance mission which requires the influence symbol (yellow circle with a triangle in it). Mon Mothma has three of those symbols on her card. The Emperor opposes (also with three influence symbols). Per the second bullet point, both players need to roll dice equal to their influence symbols on the leaders. Why does the Emperor only roll two dice rather than three?

I am confused by their segment on opposing a mission. The mission is the build alliance mission which requires the influence symbol (yellow circle with a triangle in it). Mon Mothma has three of those symbols on her card. The Emperor opposes (also with three influence symbols). Per the second bullet point, both players need to roll dice equal to their influence symbols on the leaders. Why does the Emperor only roll two dice rather than three?

I believe they only showed successful results, and left out any blank results.

The emperor rolled 3, one die came up blank.

It is interesting. Unless your leader has more symbols, it is a gamble as to whether you will successful in opposing. If you are tied in symbols, the opposer has the advantage, but i doubt it is worth it in most cases. But I'm sure some of the non-basic missions are pretty nasty and may be worth the gamble. How you use your leaders really looks like what this game is all about.

I know they're going slow with things, but the rules seem far simpler than the games closest analog, War of the Ring (or, at least, that's what I'm using as an analog).

I'm not complaining, I find War of the Ring to be a bit too involved in some instances. Really hoping the MiniatureMarket anticipated release date of February is somehow true (however unlikely that is).

I want FFG to be pulling something sneaky with this delivery, with a special announcement on Friday about an accelerated release.