Extended Art Versions of the 2015 Android: Netrunner World Champion Decks

By quailman2101, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Yes, everyone noticed.

Literally everyone.

Of course you could use the cards in any of your decks. It would have been cool though to have a deck made entirely of these extended art cards. It seems weird they'd make a product that contains an illegal deck. I'm thinking it was in production already when the rule change was decided on.

You can pretty much count on future iterations of the MWL will **always** kick the World Champion deck off the top of the hill. The purpose of the list is to break up degenerate combos and rein in powerful cards, and decks that win worlds are decks that leverage the latest and greatest to biggest effect. So if you want a balanced metagame, then you'll never have a legal World Champion deck published a la carte.

But overall, the decision to publish product and the design decision to create a MWL would by and large be made in separate divisions of the company. But even if that weren't the case, I think the result would be the same.

Are FFG planning on editing championship deck or to print other decks to recreates the finals?

I don't know what you mean by "editing championship deck". Will they change it to make it compliant with the new MWL? No, of course not.

Will they publish Timmy Wong's 2nd place decks? Unlikely.

Being new. What do you mean by not legal after February 1st? Why is that?

Short version: for tournament play, they modifed the influence values on certain ubiquitous cards in order to shake up the tournament scene. Goes into effect Feb 1. See the Tournament Rules on the Support page for more information.

Will they publish Timmy Wong's 2nd place decks? Unlikely.

Thanks

Im new to all this. Why is the deck illegal and how can you find whats legal and whats not? Literally brand new so Im sorry for the ignorance.

Read the FAQ and Tournament Rules. No cards are "illegal," but after Worlds they basically tweaked some cards' influence values.

Any news about the release of this?

The announcement say "late first quarter 2016".

They're on the boat.

Anything else misprinted besides Queen's Gambit?

Probably not a misprint and just a matter of when it was sent to the printers, but Wireless Net Pavilion isn't shown as being unique.