[Feedback] Imperial flavor

By f0rbiddenc00kie, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

For lack of a better forum subcategory, I guess this goes here. In a nutshell, although the X-Wing Miniatures game is absolutely wonderful, I feel that the most obvious thematic strengths of the Imperials are being left out.

I love how the Rebels emphasize their lack of resources and high regard for life by having regeneration mechanics and ways to keep what little they have alive. While Imperials put emphasis on aggression (and to a smaller extent, great power with a cost akin to "black" mana from MTG), I don't believe much is done in the way of showing off the wealth and numbers of the Imperials, which are quite frankly the greatest and most obvious assets the Imperials have.

I believe some cards should be added to the game to show off the wealth of the Empire. For an appropriate amount of extra squad points, "Paid Mercenary" title cards can be given to specific Scum & Villainy ships to show in-game that the Empire is willing to pay good money to get the job done. For the Empire, it's all about results.

The Empire also has a far greater number of men at their disposal than the Rebel Alliance. There should be at LEAST one card for them that calls in TIE-Fighter reinforcements, most likely an Elite Pilot Talent. Let's say for 6-9 points, after the first three turns of the game you can give an action to the pilot to summon 2 Academy Pilots within your starting area (and they cannot attack the turn they appear). This is extremely similar to the Nashta Pup but with a more Imperial twist. This also gives the Imperials an option for attrition which makes sense because thematically the Rebels would NEVER win a war of attrition with the Imperials. Not saying that in-game the Rebels should lose attrition but it makes sense for the Rebels to emphasize quality where the Imperials emphasize quality.

So, yeah. Imperials have a lot more resources than the Rebels do. Let it show.

Edited by f0rbiddenc00kie

Rather than a reinforcement title feel the imperials should have a focus on swarms that flying multiples of the same ship in a formation should come with a benefit. my idea is a EPT called "Formation Flying" and read something like:

When attack or defending for each other ship within range 1 with the formation flying upgrade you may preroll 1 dice. if you bump another ship turn this card face down. cost 1 point maybe 2

this would make a swarm very strong at the beginning but the longer the game goes the more diminished the return this card would give