Give us an Official RPG FFG!

By Deathseed, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Or I'll eat you. :angry:

You have been warned.

That will be all. Class dismissed.

Edited by Deathseed

I would like a few more Android products such as game before they go to full RPG.

I would like a few more Android products such as game before they go to full RPG.

You mean like the Android board game , which has been out for years, and that the entire Android universe is based on? :P

Edited by CommissarFeesh

You mean like the Android board game , which has been out for years, and that the entire Android universe is based on? :P

A second edition won't hurt. Maybe one with a better deduction mechanic. Or more side games based off the android universe like infiltration. That would be cool.

I could definitely get behind a revised Android board game. There's a lot to love but the Twilight card system is an awkward beast, and the deduction mechanic does seem to be a frame job unless you assume that it's The Usual Suspects where they're all guilty and it's just which one you focus on to try and prosecute.

Also, too many **** chits for VP. Favors, Trauma, HB/J tokens, and the puzzle "bingo" tokens which are just arbitrary.

I just got Android for Christmas (my wife is awesome). I love it. I know it's really cumbersome, but I have had a great time with it so far. I'd love to see a few more other games before we ask for an updated Android to a second edition. Infiltration is also a pretty fun game, and I'm obviously a Netrunner player. The world has so many possibilities!

I just got Android for Christmas (my wife is awesome). I love it. I know it's really cumbersome, but I have had a great time with it so far. I'd love to see a few more other games before we ask for an updated Android to a second edition. Infiltration is also a pretty fun game, and I'm obviously a Netrunner player. The world has so many possibilities!

Always happy to see someone else enjoying Android :) I love the game, but I understand why others don't. My copy doesn't see enough play (it just takes too long to play a game to get it out often).

I would also like a Netrunner RPG!

Say, who are the 'runners, anyway? Is there a page for them?

You got plenty of games out there to use.

From the classic Cyberpunk 2020 , really outdated nowadays, to new games such as The Sprawl , that uses the Powered by the Apocalypse engine. Not forgetting generic rulesets as FATE (i prefer FAE ), or more crunchy systems like Eclipse Phase .

Since you got all the setting info in the novels and the games already published, what you lack is just a system. And I will recomend any light-ruled system that avoids tons of tables and complicated options and focus in the story. Thats what a RPG is suposed to be used for. If we want more crunchy rules we could always walk back to tabletop games (Android) or card games (Netrunner), but when is time for RPG the only rules we need are those that help us to create a good story.

Some friends of mine and I have started an Android game using the FATE system, Netrunner and the Worlds of Android book. We're still working on the details of running, but we've had two sessions and it's a lot of fun.

We're keeping track of it on Obsidian Portal. Check it out .

Maybe they're still trying to figure out whether there's enough difference between an Android RPG and Shadowrun. Yes, I realize there are some very significant differences, but the near-future high tech hacking aspect is very similar between the two properties and Shadowrun is far more well established as an RPG. Not trying to start an argument here, just thought I'd share.

I am a hardcore Shadowrun player and have been for 25 years. The mix of high tech and magic is a huge selling point for me. That said a 'pure' sci-fi RPG not taking place in space would be welcome

You got plenty of games out there to use.

From the classic Cyberpunk 2020 , really outdated nowadays, to new games such as The Sprawl , that uses the Powered by the Apocalypse engine. Not forgetting generic rulesets as FATE (i prefer FAE ), or more crunchy systems like Eclipse Phase .

Since you got all the setting info in the novels and the games already published, what you lack is just a system. And I will recomend any light-ruled system that avoids tons of tables and complicated options and focus in the story. Thats what a RPG is suposed to be used for. If we want more crunchy rules we could always walk back to tabletop games (Android) or card games (Netrunner), but when is time for RPG the only rules we need are those that help us to create a good story.

I use Savage Worlds and Interface zero, but that is not the point. I want an FFG product.