To Arms! and tapping Catachan Outpost twice?

By Srgnt Kurgan, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Rules Questions

Hi,

So I recently played against Astra Militarum with my buddy. It was his turn, and he had 1 Ratling Deadeye and 1 Catachan Outpost out. I had no ranged units.

So you get:

Ranged combat Begins

Action window

Player with initiative takes combat turn

So during the action window, he exhausts his Catachan Outpost as an Action to give Ratling Deadeye a bounus of +2 ATK, and then plays "To Arms" during same action window, which readies Catachan Outpost (Action: Ready a target support card), then exhausts it again for another bonus of +2ATK, making the Ratling Deadeye a 5ATK.

Is that legal? If not, why? Does this attack stack 2+2?

Thanks for any explanation on this. And also, what if he had 3 Catachan Outposts out and 3 "To Arms?" Could he exhaust all 3, then play all 3 "To Arms" and then exhaust the Outposts again, making a small 1ATK unit a 13ATK unit?

Insane.

It is legal.

Well, if the player had used his one copy of Catachan Outpost, he could use it on one unit, play To Arms to ready it, and use the support again on a different unit to give each of them +2 ATK for their next attacks without any trouble, right? It would be kind of like having 2 copies of Catachan Outpost in play. And if the player DID have two separate copies of Catachan Outpost in play, he could use both on the same unit to give it a total of +4 for its next ATK, right? Put those two ideas together and it should be fairly straightforward that a single Catachan Outpost used twice on the same unit (thanks to To Arms) gives a single unit +4 for its next ATK.

Comes down to this: Catachan Outpost creates a lasting effect on the unit. When a lasting effect is created, it persists for its entire duration, no matter what happens to the card that created the effect. (This is why destroying Catachan Outpost between using it and the unit attacking doesn't take the +2 away from the unit.) Since there is nothing in the rules, or in the text of Catachan Outpost, limiting the number of lasting effects a unit can have, or how many times a single support can create lasting effects on the same unit each phase, there is nothing wrong or illegal about what the AM player did in your game.