Dom Win?

By ImDoneItsOver, in Rules Questions

Gold ONLY counts if you have a standing character in Dom phase correct? The book did say that you can win without a standing character? I know that Iron Throne simply gives you 8 at that point but did they really add that bit in JUST for the Iron Throne card? If me and my opp have no standing and no Throne but I have 1 gold left do I win Dom or does No One win Dom? Thanks for the responses smile.gif enjoying the game and playing it near everyday

Gold ONLY counts if you have a standing character in Dom phase correct?

I'm not sure where you heard this, but it is incorrect.

The rules for Dominance say:

" 5.2 Determine dominance

Each player simultaneously counts the total combined STR of all of his or her standing characters, and adds 1 to this total for each gold token in his or her gold pool. The player with the highest total wins dominance for the round, and gains 1 power for his or her faction. (Note: a player may win dominance with no standing characters.) "

So you add up your total standing STR, then add 1-per-gold to that result to get the dominance total. Even if your total standing STR is 0, you can still add 1-per-gold to 0. The gold in your gold pool always counts toward your dominance total, no matter how many standing characters you may have.

ok thank you