Vehicle Book?

By Radwraith, in Only War

I wanna pitch an Idea: Would anyone like to see a dedicated Vehicle supplement? Something that gives more detail to vehicle combat as well as new/overlooked vehicles? I kinda think it belongs more properly in Only War but it would have value in other lines too!

I would love it as I'm going to be running a campaign soon that is inspired by Mad Max.

Sure, Ive made up some rules to enhance high speed chases. Wanna see them?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Ask anything if you don't understand something.

In my scenario there was a main vehcile, called War Pig, that was the center of a chase. During a high speed chase all characters driving vehicles were testing their Operate skill, adding Manouverability and Crusing Speed as bonus. Then every driver besides the one from War Pig was comparing his result with War Pig's driver. If he had more - he advanced up to 10m per 10 of advantage on the road, if he had less - he moved back at least 10m per 10 of advantage on the road. All the bonuses and penalties to driving were of course applied normally. Immobile features were closing in with speed equal to War Pig's speed (obviously), so number of metres equal to War Pig driver's Test Result rounded down to tens.

It was shown on a special road with War Pig in the middle and tokens symbolizing vehicles getting closer and further away. Other tokens were symbolizing immobile things like rough terrain, turns, viaducts from which enemies where shooting, obstacles on the road, intersections etc.

hot **** i would love one. it has been bugging me for a while. i'm having trouble myself with vehicles. for example, i am writing a cross over story with another game. trying to figure out vehicles as i am crossing it all over to the Only War system and i can not seem to figure out how to determin structural integrity for the vehicles i am crossing over.

Edited by Firebeard

I would love it as I'm going to be running a campaign soon that is inspired by Mad Max.

Check out the material on the DH1 planet Iocanthos- it's pretty clearly inspired by the Mad Max movies, with scavengers looking for scrap in the wasteland, which they can trade in the one major settlement, and roving bands of marauders in jerry-rigged vehicles fighting each other for scarce resources.

Edited by Adeptus-B

I would love a book on armored and vehicle combat. Adding more Xenos and special Dominate vehicles too.

Did this project make it anywhere? Id love to help if I can and if its done already Id love a copy of it.