The Dark Heresy Requisition System

By fog1234, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Punishment approach is the realistic apprach for me, once i had a group that just went to a hive world to invetigate a possible cult (it was a genestealer cult), they went down saying to everyone they were the inquisition. The punishment?, they were at almost the lowest part of the hive so is normal for someone to get lost, is normal to die, they learned the lesson, they survived BUT, they had to run for they lives and increase they subtlety. Of course everything were more difficult to investigate after that. This game is more about investigations remember that.

I would like to discuss more on "Style vs. Substance" in another Thread - I will start ONE HERE

The loadout suggestion was for Requisitions...

Say I'm an acolyte - now we've been assigned a mission - so either I go to the weapons locker, voidship guy who handles all the gear (forgot what that is called), or use some "social" leverage via contacts in order to deliver said "kit"

In this vein the loadout is a loaner - now if the PC chooses the wrong loadout for the mission - say its a stealth mission and they choose something more along the lines of frontlines warfare gear instead - well now the PC/PCs will have to live with their decision and or repercussions of staging a mission badly.

So when they step up to the proverbial plate and ask "can I have a stealth loadout" - the kit is given out but now as GM your have control as to what is in that package of gear - that's on loan...

On loan - so yeah I read all over the place how say the Bolter is a holy treasure and revered and blah blah bah - NP - I like that...

Problem is - why or how do people who are not a part of the Government nor the Church walk around with the sacred gun?

That's why this kit or loadout is "on loan" and and more importantly you've now as GM eliminated Monty Hauling

Morbid

Edited by MorbidDon

The loaner gear is a good idea. I've toyed with it before. That does require you to go around collecting stuff from the players after the mission and definitely having an 'exit' after the mission. It's a good way to run a bug hunt.

I went as soo far to say in my last go of running DH2 - all your gear that came with your character - in fact belong to the acolyte that you all are replacing - this was also to add extra weight to the dark humour of being all grim dark. When you fail or die gloriously - these effects will be collected, tended, and may ready for the next cell of operatives after you and your time...

Edited by MorbidDon

With the 'punishment' approach you often deal with players that just won't take a hint,

If my players choose to go around heavily armed all the time, I'll work with that. Since the consequences include the enemies knowing that they are coming and breaking out their heavy weapons, the punishment might even be what my players want.

If one player wants to bring power armor to an investigation and the others don't want him to, that's when things will get interesting.

If one player wants to bring power armor to an investigation and the others don't want him to, that's when things will get interesting.

I've never actually let them get near power armor. My friend had a good trick for that. Allowing the armor but restricting the number of power cells.

As per Power Armor or things of that caliber - only in my RT Campaign (where the characters were all by default grand champions, leaders, and figure heads of their respective factions); the Explorator PC had a "plot hook" that would lead them to a specifific prize...

I believe the Explorator knew of a Personal Force Field Generator known as “Mantle of Mathias”;

LINK TO MANTLE PLOT HOOK / HISTORY

How do u or your subordinates even find this out? (Explorator)

The House of Abrasax recently had a funeral for its King Dorsuo (great grandson of Vitre), special provisions were enacted upon his death – trade and political maneuvering causing the “rediscovery” of Duku – and its neighboring eleven subsystems.

Vitre Abrasax
METAPLOT - How the human came into possession of the Personal Force Field Generator ( in the first place ) known as “Mantle of Mathias” (Personal Force Field) (is the chronology of the ownership, custody or location of a historical object…)

GIST - buying Power Armor or Force Fields though possible are extremely hard to come by - moreover those i n the know of such prizes stand ahead of those who seek the markets for theirs!

I've never actually let them get near power armor. My friend had a good trick for that. Allowing the armor but restricting the number of power cells.

With no specific rules for spare power cells for power armor, I'm not planning on letting my players swap out power cells for it.

As a GM I make it a policy to allow everything in an RPGs core rulebook unless it is specifically called out as requiring GM approval. If there is something in the core book I absolutely don't want my players having, I don't run that system.

Edited by Bilateralrope

I guess i should add that they never tried to roll for it. Near the end of one campaign though enforcer light carapace was pretty common. I'd also brought thrones back, so it was prohibitively expensive too.

Edited by fog1234

A trick I've done with Requisitions is give a +10 bonus (or more) if the item is explicitly on loan; it must be returned by a certain point, or bad things happen. The sooner it is, the better the bonus.

A trick I've done with Requisitions is give a +10 bonus (or more) if the item is explicitly on loan; it must be returned by a certain point, or bad things happen. The sooner it is, the better the bonus.

I could see that working out in a fun way:

Acolyte - "I want an Inferno Pistol"

Mechanicus - "Alright well if you loan it you can probably get it"

Acolyte - "Sounds good"

Mechanicus - "Just remember to bring it back, we'll have to cleanse it and..."

Acolyte - "Yeah yeah yeah just give me the gun"

On mission gun explodes/goes missing

Acolyte - "So uhm, I don't have the gun anymore."

Mechanicus - "Well...your hand is the last it graced so we'll have to take that and appease the machine spirits."

Acolyte - "What do you mean take?"

Mechanicus - "We mean take" *gets out plasma cutter*

I could see that working out in a fun way:

Acolyte - "I want an Inferno Pistol"

Mechanicus - "Alright well if you loan it you can probably get it"

Acolyte - "Sounds good"

Mechanicus - "Just remember to bring it back, we'll have to cleanse it and..."

Acolyte - "Yeah yeah yeah just give me the gun"

On mission gun explodes/goes missing

Acolyte - "So uhm, I don't have the gun anymore."

Mechanicus - "Well...your hand is the last it graced so we'll have to take that and appease the machine spirits."

Acolyte - "What do you mean take?"

Mechanicus - "We mean take" *gets out plasma cutter*

A seem to recall there was a running gag in Servants of the Imperium in which the armsman was always managing to destroy the weapons which he requisitioned.

ThenDoctor's post = Love it lmfao!