Film-centric expansions

By morenachos, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

First off, I am a huge Star Wars fan and I really enjoy this game. I see that so far the packs and expansions are mainly centered on canon films (Ep IV, V, VI) and seemingly some novels. I am wondering what the chances are that the games will begin including characters, locations and situations from the prequels and then, eventually, Episode VII and beyond. Now, please don't make this a long chain of Jar Jar hate - I get it. No one likes Jar Jar. However, there are many other things that the game can pull from, adding to the game.

Thoughts?

Edited by morenachos

Slow down... don't everyone answer at once.

This topic has occasionally come up, but the Strategy section is probably the wrong place for it. The last thread on the subject was last updated in April, but here it is anyway.

Most of the people who cared enough to respond were against it. I wouldn't be, but then you have affiliation issues - the Rebel Alliance and Imperial Navy didn't exist during the prequel era, and while you could make new affiliations to replace them, that means that the Alliance and Navy get no support while the other 4 affiliations do.