Sheered Peg

By PokeyJL, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

Hi All,

I had an issue recently with my oldest son dropping cards on the T-70 X-wing and sheering the bottom peg straight off the model. I contacted FFG to see if they had thoughts on getting the little bugger stuck in the X-Wing out, but no response. After much searching it seems like most people supper glue them back. Only to have the issue again.

My solution was to take a paperclip, heat up one end and as best as possible, slide it into the model where the peg was stuck and then pull the paperclip out. I did the same for the other piece that normally attaches to the ship.

Next was to measure and cut the paperclip to length to fit into the ship and the peg.

With needlenose pliers, I dipped one end of the "paper clip piece" into the glue and slid it into the ship and let it dry. I then dipped the end of the protruding "paper clip piece" into super glue as well as the peg and joined them together.

So far we haven't had any issues and wanted to see if anyone else has tried something similar to try and strengthen the pegs on the bottom of the ships.

Had a similar problem with an X-Wing, Glued small magnets to ship and peg, not ideal but works OK