The End?

By hendersondayton, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Seems we are losing our cheap alternative to TT Mini games. No word from FFG on anything since they stopped supporting tournaments only means they are letting it fall by the wayside.

Perhaps they can sell the DW license to someone who wants to keep it going.

I doubt though they will sell it as they can use the license to create a Star Wars Diskwars game or something.

Star Wars discwars would be awesome. I used to play L5R disc wars

i think theres too many Star Wars games for the moment... i would prefer something like Battlestar galactica! jeje... or Mad Max! or Alien! or Dune!!! or WH 40.000! (seems more live than fantasy)... but please, this disk mechanic is amazing, to me is one of the best skirmish games out there... i hope we see news soon... I am very tired to open FFG every daya and only see SW news...

Edited by ringofox

While I don't disagree with the saturation of SW games from FFG...you gotta go with what sells. Right now, SW is selling a lot.

I also agree with the disc mechanic. From a table top gamer (I played warmachine heavily) It really does serve as a GREAT alternative to the expensive world of miniatures buying/painting. I still get the fun of list building and strategy from a TT miniatures game.

THE END THE END THE END THE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE ENDTHE END THE END THE END AND THANK YOU FFG FOR SAY NOTHING DURING ONE YEAR AND A HALF!

Seems we are losing our cheap alternative to TT Mini games. No word from FFG on anything since they stopped supporting tournaments only means they are letting it fall by the wayside.

I have been disappointed not see more Diskwars from FFG, but other companies seem like they are stepping up to fill the gap of alternatives to TT mini games, I've seen games like Yashima (fantasy kung fu from Greenbrier), Arsenal Arena (giant robots, print on demand, so not super cheap, but cheaper than table top), and Talon: Fleet Combat (sci fi from GMT games) - all are fun looking offerings that scratch my itch for TT mini games, especially Talon.