Ruling about alterd cards

By Faintsmil3, in Rules Questions

Hey!

i was wondering about if there are any rulings about cards that been painted and if you can print out house cards and use them in tournaments?

From the Tournament Rules, p. 7:

"Only official A Game of Thrones: The Card Game Second Edition cards are legal for use in tournament play. Proxies of cards cannot be used. Third-party tokens may be allowed at the head judge’s discretion."

So, cards that go in your deck that have been printed from online, painted or otherwise marked are not allowed as "proxies." They might also be considered "unsportsmanlike conduct" if they are identifiable in your deck (different thickness, smudged backing, etc.).

Tokens (and most people would include Faction cards, Agendas, and anything else that never has the potential to be hidden information during the game as "tokens") may be customized and used in tournaments, though -- if the head judge allows it. Most head judges, including FFG employees, allow custom counters and House/Faction cards.

I have never ever even heard an instance where custom house cards or nonstandard tokens were disallowed. I seem to recall one guy would even use Lego Star Wars minifigs as power counters.

Thank you so much for your information.

Edited by Faintsmil3

many of the larger tournaments have unique promo cards as prizes...I suspect noone owuld have an issue with these...but always ask your TO or local rep.