Questions from a New Player

By JTDimino, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Hey Everyone,

I just got the Core Set and some expansions for the LCG for Christmas, and instantly fell in love with the game. I decided to go all in and buy every set/expansion I possibly could. After doing some reading I found out that for a competitive deck I'd need a second copy of the Core Set and Edge of Darkness expansion. That's a lot of cards, and leaves me with a few questions:

1. Does anyone have an idea of exactly how many cards total it will be if I buy every set/expansion, including a second set of the Core Set and Edge of Darkness expansion?

2. How do you recommend I store, organize, and transport all my cards? Boxes, binders? Do you organize by objective sets in numerical order? I just want to be able to easily bring my cards with me and find the ones I need.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome!

I'll try to remember to do the math for total number of cards for you later today. In the mean time, just so you know, the forums here are pretty deserted. Most of the traffic for the game happens on cardgamedb.com (which is also owned by FFG).

Welcome!

I'll try to remember to do the math for total number of cards for you later today. In the mean time, just so you know, the forums here are pretty deserted. Most of the traffic for the game happens on cardgamedb.com (which is also owned by FFG).

Ah, thanks for the consideration and warning, then! I posted on cardgamedb.com as well.

Well, let's see. There are 36 objective sets in the Core Set, two of which are duplicated. So that's 38 x 6, or 228 cards. Plus six affiliation cards and six force cards is 240 cards. Double that's 480 cards (444 if you exclude the extra copies of Reconaissance Mission and Hit and Run)

Edge of Darkness is 22 objective sets, for 132 total cards. Twice that is 264 (252, if you again exclude the extra copies of "Limit one per objective deck" sets)

I...don't remember how many cards comprise the challenge decks of Balance of the Force, sorry. As dbmebory mentioned below, there are 59 cards per challenge deck. But the six objective sets included are an additional 36 cards.

Between the Shadows includes 26 objective sets, for a total of 156 cards.

Imperial Entanglements also includes 26 objective sets, yielding 156 cards.

Force Cycles are 6 packs of 60 cards each, so a full cycle is 360 cards. There have been three, giving us 1080 cards, plus 60 more cards from the current (unfinished) cycle, bringing the total to 1140

480 + 264 + 36 + 156 + 156 + 1140 = 2232 cards, or 2184 if you don't count the eight duplicates of "Limit 1 per objective deck" sets. Also not counting the two challenge decks, if you include those, the numbers go up to 2350 and 2302, respectively.

Edited by D.Knight Sevus

A few mistakes in your math:

38x6 = 228 (info page says 240 including the 6 force cards, not sure where the missing 6 cards come from).

BotF is 6x6= 36 cards, not 48.

Challenge decks are 59 cards each... Yes, 59. No idea why they didn't go for 60.

That's what I get for trying to do this while half-asleep. Thanks. The six unaccounted for cards are the affiliation cards, by the way.

Edited by D.Knight Sevus

6 unaccounted cards after counting the affiliation cards. 240-228=12. 6 of those are affiliation cards.

And the other six, as your previous post indicated, were Force cards.

D'oh. Yeah, that does it. Excuse me while I go finish being stupid somewhere...

It's okay. We can take turns.