Scissura Exxet (Sneak Peek)

By TyrHawk, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Hey Animisfits,

You probably don't know me (unless you frequent the other forum), but my name is Tyr and I'm a bit of an Anima fanatic.

Okay, that's probably putting it lightly considering the last few years...

Anyways, I'm here to tell all of you that I'm working on a collection of houserules I've been gathering for several months now. I've been taking them from here, the other forum, personal conversations, random pdfs (in both Spanish and English), and my own head when I get the urge to do so. Obviously there hasn't been enough room for everything, and so I've had to trim things I found too out-there and/or silly, or rework them into something more manageable. I'm still nowhere close to done with any of this, but now that I have some artists onboard and I've got the true Anima fonts to work with,I figured I'd show off what I have thus far.

So, here's a link .

If you have any constructive feedback, I'd love to hear it. If you notice that I didn't include your name for something I should have, lemme know. If you have rules you think I might have missed or something you want added, tell me. If you just want to stop by and say "HOT DIGGITY THAT'S AMORE!" then... sure, go with that. Whatever you like.

The only thing I won't accept is non-constructive feedback. ;D Which is never useful to anyone.

Anyways, enjoy, and I'll be back occasionally to post updates if people are interested. I also have an autofilling sheet I might share, but that's for another time. ;)

Edited by TyrHawk

Might just be me but the whole Exo-Equip Ki costs completely escapes my understanding. I figured the costs were listed on the ability itself then while reading the Arcana one, its talking about having a quality bonus which makes it cost 5 instead of 6. But on the cost for the Arcana it lists only 3. So yeah can you better explain the costs to me, cause I am interested in this just a bit confused.

Might just be me but the whole Exo-Equip Ki costs completely escapes my understanding. I figured the costs were listed on the ability itself then while reading the Arcana one, its talking about having a quality bonus which makes it cost 5 instead of 6. But on the cost for the Arcana it lists only 3. So yeah can you better explain the costs to me, cause I am interested in this just a bit confused.

It's a variation on the Exo-Equip rules Elric posted in these very forums. I noticed, however foolishly, that the different bonuses he listed were all different pieces of the normal +5 Quality bonuses to weapons and armor (or at least that it was close enough to basically be the same thing), and that every 3 levels an Arcane Exo-Equip would gain all of these bonuses. In fact, per the original rules there was no way to avoid this. So, what I did was I offered a trade instead, because I like options.

You can either keep the ability to manifest the bonuses you want at the times you want (i.e. Manifest the damage and the attack boost , but not any of the others, then next time do the opposite) to maximize flexibility and potentially minimize costs over the course of several battles.

OR you can just combine the bonuses for an initially-reduced cost. It's a more set cost, but because it's slightly lower and offers more bonuses, it's worth doing to some.

Example of Option 1:

Erza has an 3rd Level Arcane Exo-Equipped Katana at her disposal. She has all 6 of the listed bonuses (since she got 2 per level). During her first combat of the day, she sees that her opponents are all slow and fairly weak, but they will take quite a bit of damage to overcome, so she manifests her weapon with +5 Attack, +10 Damage, and -1 AT, which costs her 3 points of Ki. During her next battle, she's up against a shadow clone of herself, and so she knows she'll need every bonus available to her to survive, she manifests all 6 bonuses, which costs her 6 points of Ki instead.

Example of Option 2:

Erza has a 3rd Level Arcane Exo-Equipped Katana at her disposal. She has all 6 of the listed bonuses (since she got two per level), but she has decided to combine them all into a +5 Quality Bonus instead. During her first combat of the day, she sees that her opponents are all slow and fairly weak, but that they will take quite a bit of damage to overcome. However, since she has combined her powers, she must bring out her full strength against these opponents by manifesting the +5 Quality for 5 Ki points. During her next battle, she's up against a shadow clone of herself, and so she knows she'll need every bonus available to her to survive. Now, she's glad for +5 Quality bonus, because it not only strengthens her weapon's fortitude, but it also only costs 5 ki instead of 6.

In short, option 1 costs 6 Ki for the first battle (summon and dismissal) and 12 Ki for the second, totalling 18 Ki. The overall cost is lower, and the flexibility allows you to lie to your opponents about your maximum capabilities. Why would you want to lie to them about that? I'll let you come up with something. ;)

Option 2 costs 10 Ki for the first battle, and 10 Ki for the seconds battle, totalling 20 Ki. The overall cost is higher, but the weapon is higher quality, which gives it bonuses the other option doesn't have.

I hope that explains it a bit better, but if you're still confused then let me know. I am humbly here to serve.

First hello and good initiative however....

There is a lot to read and digest here however from what litle information i have digest so far here is what i already have a problem with :

1 -

the artefact rules, no matter where i looked i couldn't find a way to determine the % of getting X level of PP out of the sphinx in the example i am sorry. Lacking such a critical information this houserule is unusable in it's current state. Plain and simple. So could u please make it possible to actually calculate the % of getting X lvl of PP. I really don't know where the 1-53 is coming from.

2-

multiple new advantage comes with a good idea but some are just redundant of existing one but with a little twist. This is not okay. I will take the degeneration advantage opposed to the slow healing one. both serves the same purpose but one is far more taxing then the oher one and yet gives the same amount of CP. This is a no go I am sorry.

the bonus ki per level advantage is completely and utterly unbalanced. 12 free ki point per level is worth from 12 to 36 DP. the only others existing advantages giving bonus to primary field is one that provide +5 per level to attack or a defense type and one that provides with +5 on the armour thingy. those point are worth from 10 to 15(except for the weapon master in the case of the amour wearing ability wich is 5). Not only are those bonuses subpar when it comes to DP point value they are also sub par when it comes to flexiblity : attack while usable to do different manoeuver often require a stat check afterward for the one allowing actual special effect, the amour wearing has no other use then helping u wearing armor. Ki points on the other hand gives you a bigger ki pool from which to draw power to use : any ki power which utility varies from increasing your stats, walking on walls, outright flying, using any ki technique that have tremendous amount of flexibility as well. in other words even if the advantage was to give 5 extra ki point per CP it would still overshadow these others 2 hands down. And no saying that a character has to devellop such power to have such flexibility is not a valid argument because there is no point in taking such advantage if you do not intend to make intensive use of said ki pool in the first place. I would reduce the value to 5 per level and allowing the extra kit to be applied to a characteristic of the player choice every time he levels up however i would also remove entirely the possibility to invest 2-3 CP into it.

3-

your item requip idea (taken from fairy tales hence the fan art) that is basically doing the same as linking a creature to your body but instead you do it with an item is interesting but in it's current state i had to read it 3 times before actually understanding how it works and I also disagree. You're basically making an existing sword into an evolving one. No...just No. There is nothing wrong with a specific item being an evolving one but there is a big problem with being able to evolve basic items. You are bypassing both the need for an artefact(or a very hight quality item) to be created by someone and it's price. There is a power from Noah that allows to consider any item to be +10 unless it is better but this is a gift from a god not something that a mortal can pull off. There are ki technique to create ki item with quality incorporated in them, there is a free access spell with daily upkeep to make an item +10 and both have multiple things that prevents it from getting to insanely overpowered level. The ki one has essentially a highest effect in the effect list along with a ki cost both at usage and maintain that is higher regardless of it being a maintain or continuous technique. In the case of the Magic option it is limited to do a +10, affect only one item at a time, need extra effect and actually maintaining several items would take quite a toll on your daily zeon's regeneration.

This option on the other hands allows to add power to existing power of an item(which can be an artefact) and to make these items virtually unbreakable. So what's the cost of all these big advantages ? a total of 30 DP and 30 MK(higher fusion) ,8 to call in and 8 to call off is enough to reach that ridiculous state. When a +5 single sword ki technique cost u : 15 MK to make, 70 extra MK to be allowed to make any (use and control ki remember ?),5 ki to use and 1 per round to maintain.

30 DP 0 DP

30 MK 85 DP

8 ki to call in 5 ki to use

8 ki to call off 5 to maintain 5 rounds

specific weapon in both case but one get an upgrade while the other is static. so if it used on a basic weapon it seems alright but what if the extra +5 quality was on an already +10 weapon or even worse an artefact that is already +20 ? This houserule in it's current state is completely and utterly unbalanced and broken. Oh and btw the magic option requires 14 zeon per day which is nearly as much as what a character with 12-14 POW so you need to buy an AMR increase just to sustain that specific spell which cost...50 DP which is the value of a CP along with using 14 magic potential or reaching a mastery high enough in one of the magic way. that's a LOT of investment and the bonus is static. The difference in investment is so massive when compared to the two official one that it must be changed or thrown away I am sorry.

If I had to redo the idea in itself I would probably make it a ritual where the cost in blood (LP) and zeon as well as all the material preparation would depend on : the presence of the item and the one of the future user. I would throw in adjustement depending on the item being an artefact or not and taking into account it's artefact level. I would probably make it occult 180 just to know about it and 240 to actually be able to pull it off and 280 in the most extreme case. It would require the future wielder to succeed a physical resistance and a mystical resistance check which difficulty would depend on the item( the factors being presence and it's artefact level if it happens to be one). the indestructible state as well as the possibility to increase the power of the item would persist but the later would require the wielder to have an higher presence giving an extra +5 for every X presence he has over the item or some special effect however it would actually require the character to be powerful enough to infuse extra power into the item as opposed to the "per level bonus" with no regards to the current power level of said item. I would have to think this all over to make it a proper ritual that do not screw the whole setting and somewhat balanced while still retaining it's end game potential. I would probably create an advantage that allow to be linked right of the bat with an item, multiple ones or a pretty good one depending on the amount of CP and allowing them to outright bypass the "know about" requirement but not the actual knowledge to perform it.

I didn't read everything however I will be sure to review every single detail because if there is nothing wrong with houseruling in itself it also need to be done in respect of what the initial system tried to achieve while retaining readability, usability and balance instead of just saying "I don't like it so I changed it" because if you're at that point you're better off playing an other game rather then making some experimental changes that might as well destroy the thin balance this system provides.

good bye.

Well, that's quite the reply. Let's see if I can do it justice.

"First hello and good initiative"

Hello to you too, and thank you.

"There is a lot to read and digest here however from what litle information i have digest so far here is what i already have a problem with"

Please do keep in mind that most of this is in-progress. Most of it is also not mine, and I haven't taken a keen eye to all of it. What I have looked at I certainly haven't fully finalized, so it's a very malleable process. Very little of what's seen here is meant to reflect the final product, except for some of the artwork and formatting choices. That being said, feedback is appreciated, so let's go through yours.

"the artefact rules, no matter where i looked i couldn't find a way to determine the % of getting X level of PP out of the sphinx in the example i am sorry. Lacking such a critical information this houserule is unusable in it's current state. Plain and simple. So could u please make it possible to actually calculate the % of getting X lvl of PP. I really don't know where the 1-53 is coming from."

It seems you missed most of of Page 20. The first three paragraphs under "Monsters she has slain" explains the process fairly succinctly. Table 8 is a d100 roll, and the result determines the Level of PP. Table 9 on the same page gives the amount of PP at the rolled level based on size. So it both is possible to calculate and it's all contained on the page you took your example from. I'd ask that you read more carefully next time before calling a system "unusable." I'll admit that the examples on the page need to be updated to reflect the current state of the tables, but the details have all been provided before then.

"multiple new advantage comes with a good idea but some are just redundant of existing one but with a little twist. This is not okay."

Your points on the advantages and disadvantages are valid. I haven't taken so much as a remote glance at them myself, so it's good to have someone look at them more closely for balance issues. ^_^ Once I get to them, I'll be updating them with your suggestions, as well as my own looks on balancing them.

"your item requip idea (taken from fairy tales hence the fan art)"

Again, I do want to emphasize that it wasn't my idea, only that I reworked it a bit from its original state. Oddly enough, I've also removed that particular piece of artwork since this draft. But that's neither here nor there. ;D

"This houserule in it's current state is completely and utterly unbalanced and broken. Oh and btw the magic option requires 14 zeon per day which is nearly as much as what a character with 12-14 POW so you need to buy an AMR increase just to sustain that specific spell which cost...50 DP which is the value of a CP along with using 14 magic potential or reaching a mastery high enough in one of the magic way."

While you do make some good points before this, and indeed some good points in general, 14 Zeon per day is basically nil to the majority of player-made mages, especially those casting Level 76 spells in the first place. In fact, per Core Exxet you can get a +15 for only 16 Zeon per day. Even if you had a low POW rating and spent no DP on MA Multiples, Zeon Regen Multiples, or anything else, it would still take you an entire week maintaining a +15 item to deplete the reserves from your Level 1 Wizard innate bonus. By contrast, an Arcane Exo-Equip can only get the actual +5 Quality once every three levels, meaning that it would take a fairly powerful artifact in the first place to make a significant difference from the rest of the party. Higher equips can only get there every 6 levels, and even then they don't actually get the option for the true +5. So if you're suggesting that +5 to a single weapon (because you only get ONE Arcane Exo-Equip) every 3 levels with no other powers or bonuses is broken, especially considering the sort of artifacts one could make in those levels (even by base rules, not even using the new system) then I'd argue that maybe the option is just too powerful for the games you run, not in general.

I'll admit, the system isn't perfect as-is, but it's also only barely been touched by me. I honestly still don't think that even in its current version it's even half as bad as The Eyes of Death combined with any number of things, but I concede that it's not as good as it could be. Thank you for pointing out the potential balance issues, even if you've done so a bit forcefully.

"If I had to redo the idea in itself I would probably make it a ritual where the cost in blood (LP) and zeon as well as all the material preparation would depend on : the presence of the item and the one of the future user. I would throw in adjustement depending on the item being an artefact or not and taking into account it's artefact level. I would probably make it occult 180 just to know about it and 240 to actually be able to pull it off and 280 in the most extreme case. It would require the future wielder to succeed a physical resistance and a mystical resistance check which difficulty would depend on the item( the factors being presence and it's artefact level if it happens to be one). the indestructible state as well as the possibility to increase the power of the item would persist but the later would require the wielder to have an higher presence giving an extra +5 for every X presence he has over the item or some special effect however it would actually require the character to be powerful enough to infuse extra power into the item as opposed to the "per level bonus" with no regards to the current power level of said item. I would have to think this all over to make it a proper ritual that do not screw the whole setting and somewhat balanced while still retaining it's end game potential. I would probably create an advantage that allow to be linked right of the bat with an item, multiple ones or a pretty good one depending on the amount of CP and allowing them to outright bypass the "know about" requirement but not the actual knowledge to perform it."

Some good suggestions here, really. I like the idea of the resistance check, and even for special rules regarding artifacts. Some of your other suggestions aren'tr eally my cup of tea but, to each their own, neh? Also, I believe there is such an advantages sitting around in my files somewhere, just hasn't made it into the document yet. ^_^

"I didn't read everything however I will be sure to review every single detail because if there is nothing wrong with houseruling in itself it also need to be done in respect of what the initial system tried to achieve while retaining readability, usability and balance instead of just saying "I don't like it so I changed it" because if you're at that point you're better off playing an other game rather then making some experimental changes that might as well destroy the thin balance this system provides."

This I agree with, I think, though how it's worded has me suspect. Just in case though, I present my interpretation of what was just said, and (possibly) a rebuttal. That or an agreement, in which case it's a little wordy. XD

First off, the Anima creators put in an entire paragraph on changing the rules in the Core Book, so obviously they expect their rules to not be law, and for some people to disagree and change them without needing to find another system. In fact, sometimes it's just that you don't like one thing and so you change it, but does that mean you need an entirely different system? It's the old question of Theseus's Ship, and I'm fine with changing/adding a certain amount before I call it something else. After a certain point though (and that's variable for all of us) it may be that you're looking for a different system in the first place.

Secondly, many changes, even official ones, will sometimes begin as balance destroyers and world changers, but through playtesting and feedback (like you've provided here) the rules change and evolve to become something more fitting. So, what looks bad now can become good later. It's the way of the world.

Thank you again for all your feedback, and especially for your time! ^_^ I appreciate your effort, because it does help me from getting too lost in my own head.

i am sorry but the table didn't reflect the example so since i couldn't reproduce the same result as what the example was providing by using the said table I am sorry it is, at the very least, missing some important information so it is currently unusable. An houserule is often a chair with some scotch on it no GM should have to apply scotch on it again for it to stand on it's own. I am sorry. However I am totally willing to hear(read :) ) that it is a work in progress and that it is simply missing for now. After all this is just a sneak peek right ?

secondly say that by core exxet you can make a +15 ? I am sorry i have the core exxet and i don't see anything like this it is a base presence of 25 that can be upgraded with extra effect but the +10 is flat and set in stone. And while it would be true not to cost a lot to a hight level character meaning you unlock the spell through the free spell spread throughout the magic you're develloping do not create any balance issue because :

- the bonus is set in stone

- it is a non instant access.

However in the case of some early access a 14 magic potentiel as well as 14 magic per day actually take quite a toll on the character. The second one being the most comparable to the system proposed so far as it is quick to obtain 30MK and 30DP.(lvl2 for any fighter at worst...this is VERY early.)

Unless of course you're using the core exxet 2.0 in which case i am ignorant about how the spells got changed.

the problem is not having a +5 weapon the problem is ADDING a +5 weapon quality to an already high quality item. And since in order for it to be cool you need to be able to add some power to your item no matter how powerfull it is you also need to compare what the others options provides too. The very idea being the reequip is to be a walking armory, to be able to use the enchanted armor against fire when you face fire, to switch to your water blade when you need it. This is the most interesting and powerfull part of the reequip idea. However adding some extra late game bonus to make it viable later on would be neat and welcome. So allowing for every character using let's say a copy of the same water blade would, in fact, end up in two different way. This is what you gave but also made it early game(!red flag!) be it cost to get, to use or the bonus itself. The idea i gave provide far more late game potential because i could rule that you can link up to ten times your presence in items to you actually allowing for some awesome reequip combo to be unlock if the campain were to ever reach very high level because there wouldn't be minor,high or arcane link just a link.

Now back at all the advantages and disavantages shall we ? :

- Animal Companion : I would make the animal an exceptionnal one taking the normal profil and boosting it's intelligence I would also give it as many CP as the player is willing to put into it. However while the player has a say in what he would like his companions to be the GM decide what the CP given to the companion are. I do not fancy at all having an animal companion being one level higher then it's owner. It would still level up with it's master.

Remember that having an animal is a being with 400 DP, it's own hp, action pool etc...This is a very potent bonus in enough itself, potent enough that it might be worth 2 CP. Also one CP is worth 50 DP not 100 DP. so the current rule you've done is pretty unbalanced as an animal companion for 1 CP is already a bliss but getting double value from it is even stronger.(or even quadruple value if the second CP get the animal from lvl0 to 1).

in the end i would make it a much clever animal, make it cost 2. still animal empathy between the animal and owner, still level up with it's owner. If the player is willing to put in a third point It would give the CP to the animal or into 50 DP to get primordial bonus/power limited by the animal gnosis which would be natura +5 so most likely 5.(allowing the animal to do open roll)

- Athlete and all it's copy pasta to others stats :

+3 to a stat check is very potent but stat check not being quite common it's okay to give something else to buff it up. However a double +30 to two secondary abilities is good enough. There is a reason for initiative not to be in any field and for wear armor to be in a primary one, same for the MR. I know you reduced the value for it in an attempt to balance it but plz refrain from doing such things the game balance is very thin and any change may break the boat instead of shaking it.

as for the constitution one I think the +30 hp is good enough of a boost. There is already "great vitality" that provide extra hp per level but still none that provides a flat amount. Remember that anima is a very deadly game and that a single good/bad roll can turn into a deadly critical. A +30 hp boost is very strong early in the game and will stay relevant for a long time. Even a lvl1 warrior with 10 in constitution has 145 hp so even to them it is quite a meaningful buff and can mean the difference between a simple hit and a critical that end with the character's death. I would say it's either the hp boost(which value is fine) or the complete +10 resistance (PhR, VR, DR) but not both.

I don't see the dex or the strength one but plz once again refrain from trying to give extra action point or intiative bonus there are enough dex secondaries to work with as for the strength one I would give a +30 to strength prowess and also consider the character to be one step ahead on the chart that indicate how much he can carry/lift

- beautifull :

why not treat beauty as a characteristic instead of creating a brand new advantage ? Just allow your player to make it a 9 if they failed their roll or to add one point to it. Just do not allow player to use their beauty to get free CP and it should be fine. There is already an advantage for being seductive even though you might not be beautifull so I don't see a point for this advantage to stay unless you want to make something very special.

- Carving Expert :

While it might seem good on paper there is no much use to such a bonus unless you have to hurry for some reason and I wouldn't make an advantage that should be of general use so reliant on a niche event. So I would rather have it be so that you make the most of the whatever animal/creature you have at ends. such as treaty every piece value as if it were one step bigger if only carving experts worked on it for example or reducing the % of getting lvl1 PP by 10, effectively increasing all the others possibilities.

Chosen Prey :

Make it a race instead of a category and increase the bonus to +10 for 1 CP and + 20 for 2 but no 3 CP option available. However no bonus for social interaction and make it a penalty : -20, -40. This way you can allow a player to choose the humans (not humanoid just the human or just the elf etc...) without feeling like you're giving too big of a boost. Also make it so that the bonus depends on the player being aware of his ennemy being of said race but that if he think he is facing said race while being in the wrong(illusion ? disguise ?) the penalty applies but not the bonus. Ofc the player shouldn't be told his bonus isn't being applied.

Class Master :

first there is already an advantage doing that and nothing prevent a player from taking it 3 times for 3 differents secondaries except that it is not linked to the class. So let's see what you wanted to achieve : an advantage that makes the character feel like he is learning much faster then other in his field of specialisation.

What about the following : for every two level completed in the same archetype the character gets a stacking bonus of 10 up to 30 per level to distribute between the secondaries abilities of it's archetypes. It mean that when you get lvl 3 you have an extra +10, level 4 +10, lvl5 +20 etc...however if a player change archetype for whatever reason he reset the count of completed levels to 0. This bonus is treated as a Natural bonus.

Restriction : cannot be used with the freelancer archetype or any archetype missing any secondaries ability

CP : 1 because while it has flexibility it is also a slow pacing advantage that requires time to catch up to other extra skill point advantage but also has the potential to out-scale.

Eye of Lynx :

Seems quite good as it is.

Godly Favor : I both love and hate this one. Elan is suppose to be synchronisation with a god principle and meaning that the higher the Elan the more you disregard the others aspects of reality or simply see them as something secondary when compared to the value that allowed you to get such an Elan in the first place. However since multiple god have similar value such an advantage would mean that these god are all trying to get you to their side by still giving you gift or simply agreeing to give you those gift anyway because you embrace all their values. This would be the case of someone protecting nature through dialogue rather then armed fight while also developing healing abilities to save lives such an individual would synchronize with Mikael, Gabriel and Raphael at the same time. However I would only allow such an advantage to a very good roleplayer since it would require quite a robust background to justify such an advantage if your campaign start at low level.

I would also forbid to buy the Elan advantage at all. This character got the gods eyes on him and every little action should have an impact until he gets 50 Elan.

Gradual Martial Learning :

This one is awfully weak...Really ? 5 MK per level for 2 CP when i can get 80 MK right off the bat for 2 CP ? this mean that i need to get to level 17 to only start to get an edge that's....very bad. I would reduce the cost to 1 CP and forbid to mix this advantage with martial master (the one that provides flat MK).

Great Love :

I would break it into 2 tiers : 1 CP if you've yet to encounter the Great Love (who isn't a player character) 2 CP if you already are in couple with him/her(Is a player character). The reason being that it is a very potent bonus as it is but also very abusable.

What's also possible would be some extra penalty to resist any kind of manipulation coming from the great love or from someone holding the great love hostage.(be it a resistance or a skill check doesn't matter there should be a penalty) but it is either break it into 2 tier or add this penalty if both suggestion were to be implemented without some extra bonus put in there it would not be worth the point invested in it anymore.

Henchmen :

it's the animal companion but even stronger as he can learn ki later on or be equipped with hight quality weapon etc...It also has the advantage of speaking your language...considering the restriction I would put on an animal companion I would simply not allow such an advantage unless it follow the same kind of rule as the animal companion except it has one CP disavantage for 2 CP and no disadvantage for 3 CP. (yeah need to balance the advantages between each other too)

Hidden Power :

I like this a LOT however i would give 4 CP worth in the following fashion : level 2,3,5,6. This is to delay the gain of the extra point while also rewarding the player for surviving till that point with 2 "useless" CP.

Hybrid : just...No. Nephilim are already the "hybrid" of the anima's setting. I know that you want really bad for your X race to have nephilim as well but it would give them so much and most importantly look closely to every nephilim rules : none of them have actually the same value. Some nephilim are clearly worth more then one point but asking 2 point is debatable(devah and Jayan comes to mind first). Just to avoid melting my mind trying to find the best possible balance on this I will just say "no"

Improved Fatigue Use : This is a very touchy idea you've got there. A +1 on ki accumulation translate into a +6 ki accumulation as the fatigue bonus applies to every different accumulation you're using and a better characteristic roll could end up as a +10 (up to 5 fatigue point if you got the right ki power). There are some obvious abuse there however fatigue isn't a very abundant ressources and is on a quicker cycle then ki. I think there are some obvious abuse possible with this but you did the best out of the idea since a 3 CP for it would be overkill. Just put a warning flag beside it for the GM.

Innate Ki Reserve :

As surprising as it may be this bonus isn't too big and seem quite reasonable strong enough to be relevant but not balance breaking either. Keep it locked at 2 CP forever don't let the optimization monster have a go at this and kick any player's ass who would want to put a third point in it with my blessing.

Lord of The Beasts :

First it is in a main field. Second it is a per level bonus. Third it is worth 20-60 DP or 40-120 DP per level..............However since it only make sense for a summoner to have it just add the restriction to be reserved for summoner archetype and it should be a fine advantage.

Master of The Beasts :

Same as for the lord.

Natural spell :

extra CP either increase the ML of the spell or it's casting level not both. Casting a lvl60 spell for free even once every minute at advanced level from what i see in the arcane exxet would be quite broken at low level which is why I would put on such a lock. High level is not the only thing that counts.

Natural Technique :

I would reduce the value to 20,35,50 otherwise it's fine and you though already about a lot of thing a player could use to cheese this advantage to unforeseen power. Because I could do a decent dmg technique with multiple complete attack that both affect energy and is elemental. That's some crazy ****. Especially if you consider that the character doesn't need to have any actual MK nor having to accumulate ki. One fatigue point ? +40 dmg (complete bonus), +2 attacks(complete bonus), elemental and affect energy. That's some insane ratio so i am telling u to tune it down a little bit.

Pact Dealer :

some of the most powerfull summoning are already in range of 600 zeon it doesn't seem right to me to allow a player to have a pact with the behemot as soon as the character is created even if he uses 3 CP so I would lock this avantage to 2 CP and reduce the scaling to +100. Other then that I think it's okay however it would require some playtest.

Professional :

nothing to say there. you're spot on.

Superior Natural Ability :

this one require clarification : is the boosted value of the natural bonus from your stat the one taken into account when applying the per level bonus if yes then we got a balance problem and it is worth 2 CP if not leave it at that.

Supernatural Nature :

150 zeon is worth 30 DP so giving some other thing would be ok except that you're boosting the base amr not the amr itself. Which means it benefit from amr multiplier...This can get out of hand quite quickly and there already is an advantage that boost the zeon regeneration by a pretty big amount. However it does only that. So i would suggest doing the zeon reserve advantage instead of an hybrid one that seem more like an attempt to get as much bonus as possible as cheaply as possible rather then giving meaningful extra choices.

This would mean 250, 500 zeon for 1,2 CP respectively instead.

Surgeon's Hands :

well if the artefact rules were comprehensive I would actually be able to weight this advantage benefit but as it is now I can't.

Imperceptible Magic :

make it +40,80 for 1,2 CP keep in mind that it is a bonus to only one secondary but also with a condition on it so there should be more then those stat based advantages

Sanctorum Energy :

I would increase it to : 400,600,800. Why ? because there is no point investing in this advantage if the one just giving you zeon it barely equal to this one since this one does basically the same thing but with a restriction.

Sanctorum Essence :

cut this one in half the ability not to sacrifice a stat point is a tremendous advantage considering the amount of consequence this has on a spell caster.

I am gonna stop for today there is just too much >.<

Edit : forgot imperceptible Magic. >.<

Edited by Aryador

I'll have to save your comments on the advantages for later, but suffice it to say I'll look through them when i get to looking through the advantages themselves. The only thing I want to point out is that the... Gradual Martial Learning was apparently discussed in some depth on these forums. If you do a search for it I'm certain you can find the discussion. ^-^; I don't claim to agree with any sides yet because I haven't really looked at it and weighed it mechanically, but since many of these were taken from this forum, there may be answers to some of your arguments here already. As I said, I'll take a deeper look later, but for now I respect the effort you've put in. Keeps me from having to overuse my brain. ;)

I still don't see how you view the Artifact system as incomplete or unusable. The examples are off, as I admitted, but the rest of the text isn't, and I've used the rest of the text in play. It's perfectly playable, even if it needs a bit of minor tape (just like the official rules at times, which have plenty of non-matching examples and holes).

And, again, your ideas on the Exo-Equips have been taken into consideration.

Considering that both DP and MK here would come from Primary Combat, and that most of the more powerful items you're talking about equipping aren't available to low-level characters anyways, I'm just not seeing the same issue. Any character can have a water weapon, a fire weapon, 16 other weapons, and two sets of armor they carry around with them, the main difference here is that instead of looking like a walking armory by only spending GP, you spend DP, MK, and possibly CP to not look like it, and to get a few other bonuses. Mages, Psychics, and Ki users can all carry around techniques, powers, and spells with different effects that at least one of them can summon at-will. This is available to all of them immediately if they're willing to spend the resources to do it.

The costs, as you've pointed out, may be a bit low, so I'll take a look, but considering the other balancing factors I just don't see it as as-much of an issue as you apparently do.

The artifact-boosting potential is, again, possibly an issue, but I think there's an easy fix for that, which would be to improve the base quality, not any power-boosted quality bonus. So, if you have an artifact with the +10 Combat Quality Power, the +5 isn't going to make it a +15. This would make most of the example artifacts gain less from being Exo-Equipped at Higher/Arcane Fusion, but still provide bonuses to those who don't spend their PP in that area. Slow gain vs immediate bonus. I like it, so thanks for helping me come up with the idea. ;D Also, I might add some rules for Exo-Equipping non-combat items... but I'll have to think about that. Seems a bit wonky as an idea right now...

Anyways, thanks again for all of your feedback! ^_^ Always glad to have interest and something more to work with than just my own ideas on the ideas of other people.

I'm just happy that some of my ideas were included and haven't been hammered into dust, yet.

I'm just happy that some of my ideas were included and haven't been hammered into dust, yet.

Most of your stuff will likely remain fully intact. The only thing I can think that might take any kind of hit would be the Disadvantages, but even then I'm not certain there will be many changes. ^_^ We'll see though.

Just spotted this post, love what I've read so far, still going over it.

Please keep adding, or updating it, or whatever you feel :D

Oh, look, more replies. ^-^

I'm still working on updates, albeit slowly. I've recently started getting a lot of feedback on the other forum and in my other game, so it's given me a chance to take a look at a few things and rework some of it. Once I've formatted a few more things, I'll probably post an update here. It's not totally revamped, and I should probably start putting some sort of date or something so people don't get all the beta versions confused, but yeah. I'm still working on it. No worries there. ^_^

What's this?! An update?!

That's right, Scissura has finally been updated again after months of supposed silence. Between moving, job interviews, school, running games, and more than a few other things, I've been busy. However, I've made certain to make time for Scissura every now and then, and the results are now available at the same link in the first post (you can easily check by simply looking at the end of the document for the Elan section, which is entirely new).

Speaking of new things, here's a few changes from the last go around:
-Artwork has been moved, removed, and added. A lot of the individual page credits for artists are now missing or hidden (because the text boxes keep leaping through the windows every time I delete a sentence). I was going to go through and fix all of them, but it's a beta so... yup, that's my excuse.
-Many tables have been formatted more properly, including the ones on the VERY last page of the document. Though they're still not formatted properly. BUT, they're at least better than they were.
-The big Elan section, entirely taken from Elric, had been generically formatted to match normal Elan pages. I have yet to go through for any kind of balance check (or even a spelling and grammar check, honestly) so... use at your own risk right now.
-Advantages and disadvantages have been balanced a bit better, though still not perfectly. I took a lot of suggestions from people both here and on the Cipher forums for this part, and then still I had to do some crazy magic at times. The section STILL needs work, but it's much better than it was last round through.
-Ki Sheele have, naturally, been fixed a bit thanks to help from a particular member of the cipher forums. I'm still not entirely certain they're balanced, but at least the rules are actually clear for once. Or at least they should be...
-A Beta marker, as well as the date for the most recent update have both been added. I did this so people would always know when they have the latest edition at hand... well, hopefully. Hopefully.

And there are probably other things, but that's what I remember right now. As always, constructive feedback is appreciated. ^_^