Tinkerer ability vs tricks and treats

By stars2heaven, in Talisman Rules Questions

Hi everyone, my friend and I have run into an issue over the card from the blood moon expansion called "tricks and treats" and how it functions when under the effects of the tinkerer's special ability. I understand that if an object made a follower by the tinkerer gets ditched or left somehow then it is discarded instead. The tricks or treats card says that the card is traded. So can I use the card to take someones object and then the tricks and treats card must be discarded?

Also, one further question regarding objects made into followers. We've agreed that such objects can't be sold to the alchemist or used in ways that would normally affect objects since they are no longer objects. Just checking to make sure this is correct.

Thanks for the help

Objects converted into followers are not objects (they are followers :) ).

Trick or treats can't be used to take followers.

Followers can't be turned into gold at the alchemist.

Due to the latter and several other reasons the Tinkerer may not want to turn all objects into followers per default.

Since the conversion is irreversible it's important to be clear with what objects have/haven't been converted.

Edit: My bad, I misread your question.

When the Tinkerer uses the 'Trick or Treat follower' he would take an object from the opponent but instead of giving the opponent the Trick or treats card it is discarded (read 'Cards that become followers' in the faq).

Edited by Nioreh

Thanks for the clarification!