Expasion?

By Slanesh, in XCOM: The Board Game

Any rumours? Did it sell well enough?

Any rumours? Did it sell well enough?

Don't know how well it sold, but I'm still having new people wanting to try the game at my local games club, so, even after it's been out a year, it's still on people's radar as an interesting game.

Yeah I just started playing it recently and find it super entertaining. But routine will come sooner or later and that could be helped a bit with an expansion :)

If you just want rumours, I've seen rumours ranging from them having had an expansion designed, tested, and ready to put into production since before the original launched, but holding off on it until the Star Wars excitement dies down a bit, all the way to them waiting to see how XCOM 2 does with videogamers before starting work on something based on that. Somewhere in between, you have a whole bunch of threads suggesting ways of incorporating Enemy Within elements, adding a fifth player, adding base construction, etc, etc.

What we know is that there's nothing on the Upcoming Products page for XCOM, so, either the expansion is going to sneak into stores stealthily (and no storekeeper has spilled the beans yet) or the expansion isn't yet in production - which could mean it's in development, or could mean it's still just some leftover ideas from the base game that someone jotted down somewhere to maybe come back to later...

either the expansion is going to sneak into stores stealthily (and no storekeeper has spilled the beans yet)

Has there been a precedent for that? Holy **** I'd be so happy for such a suprise :D

either the expansion is going to sneak into stores stealthily (and no storekeeper has spilled the beans yet)

Has there been a precedent for that? Holy **** I'd be so happy for such a suprise :D

I'm not aware of one, but it's not impossible that it's happened before.