How long until FFG translates new content?

By Shadow070mni, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Anima Beyond Fantasy is one of my favourite rpgs; rich immersive setting, a myriad of character options, fantasy and sci-fi elements that do not overshadow eachother...

I do understand that it can be a bit of a steep entry to the pastime but a couple of introductory scenarios (with pre-gens; something I normally dislike but very good for getting players unfamiliar with the rules into it) would solve that right up. Heck, I've got a couple on the back-burner for some cons I'll be GMing at and will happily share them after the event.

So please, Fantasy Flight Games; why won't you bring us more goodies? It is harder to recruit when people think the game is dead...

More or less, till the end of times.

...So never? Jeez if it is doing so little for them, why haven't they sold the license?

Maybe because no competitor is better than little competitor.

Or maybe they want empty their store first.

Hello from Spain!

The problem right now with the translations is probably the same we're having here with the publications.

Anima Studio is putting all of its time on the videogame, Anima: Gate of Memories. They won't publish anything else until the game is done. Of course, the game should have been released on November, but it is not the case, and now there are rumors about Gate of Memories being released on Q2 2016. So, you won't see another book or translation until then.

Advice: consider Anima dead until the videogame has been released.

Hello from Spain!

The problem right now with the translations is probably the same we're having here with the publications.

Anima Studio is putting all of its time on the videogame, Anima: Gate of Memories. They won't publish anything else until the game is done. Of course, the game should have been released on November, but it is not the case, and now there are rumors about Gate of Memories being released on Q2 2016. So, you won't see another book or translation until then.

Advice: consider Anima dead until the videogame has been released.

I believe you are right Cipher wise, but that doesnt effect FFG. We still dont have the core exxet or Gaia 2. FFG is scaring me really. Its really hard to try to get people into this game sometimes when the English releases seem so unloved, just look at Prometheum exxet its a mess. I dont know what FFG was thinking when they did the work on that book but that plus them sitting on 2 books for so long really has me worried for the games survival.

So in the kickstarter for Gates of Memories https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1188790300/anima-gate-of-memories-0 at one point they talk about this- They and FFG are aiming to have the Core Exxet and Gaia 2 ready for english release alongside the game. The hope is that we will all be on the same books then and they can work with thier publishers (such as FFG for English) to have all the versions launch at the same time from now on. If thats going to happen, when if it does, ect. ect. no clue. Not a worker for any of these companies.

How does this relate to the drivethrurpg sale and the announcement that they will not be selling the books after the 15th? Are the books still planned to come out? Is the English version of the RPG now no longer supported, like the miniature game?

How does this relate to the drivethrurpg sale and the announcement that they will not be selling the books after the 15th? Are the books still planned to come out? Is the English version of the RPG now no longer supported, like the miniature game?

Best current guess is yes, the English version will no longer supported until Anima Studios finds someone else to work with on that front... unless FFG is pulling all resources in so they can somehow jump up and surprise us with an explosion of content, which I sort of doubt.

So in the kickstarter for Gates of Memories https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1188790300/anima-gate-of-memories-0 at one point they talk about this- They and FFG are aiming to have the Core Exxet and Gaia 2 ready for english release alongside the game. The hope is that we will all be on the same books then and they can work with thier publishers (such as FFG for English) to have all the versions launch at the same time from now on. If thats going to happen, when if it does, ect. ect. no clue. Not a worker for any of these companies.

Just saw an article twelve hours old saying Anima Gate of Memories set for a June release date. http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2016/052516a.html

Wondering if the books being released alongside the game is still a thing...