FAQ and Expansion news

By Cronus269, in Forbidden Stars

When will we get these?? It seems like it has been forever. The unofficial FAQ on BGG works very well, but I would still like to see an official one sooner rather than later. Also, I am dying to here about any expansions for the game. I hope they don't add much in the way of new mechanics since the game takes a long time as it is. One good idea I saw on BGG was to have the objective tokens be worth something and even have it be worth something to defend them successfully. That could be cool. But I hope the expansions focus mostly on new races, units, and maybe upgrade cards.

PS. It seems like Space Marines could use a bit of a buff...

Edited by Cronus269

No news still...we really could use some official response from FFG :)

It'd be cool to get another standalone box with, like, Guard, Nids, Tau, and Necrons.

All I'm wanting out of an expansion is a Tyranid faction. Just make them terrible individually, but capable of amassing huge swarms capable of overwhelming anyone. Toss in enough plastic purple pieces to accommodate such a play style and I'll call it a win.

I'll take anything at this point :P ...but seriously, guard and nids would make a awesome expansion

Come on Necrons! Go Necrons!

Actually a stand alone game with a similar time period with 4 more interchangeable races would be great. Something that is fairly similar but a conflict that does its own thing. Something like instead of Warp Storms you get...

• An exploring tile flipping mechanism.
  • An AI faction that tries to push all the player groups out of their system or perhaps a semi coop mode for those that like it.
  • More building variety with bigger tiles and planet destruction or scaring.
  • Or other ideas not listed.

I have to believe getting the balance right on such an endeavor would be incredibly tricky given the density of void and planets. If only it were as easy as designing and balancing a new faction!

Had my first game today despite owning it for ages. It was awesome! I'll insta-buy an expansion!

I would jump into this game with both feet if I could somehow play necrons.

I would jump into this game with both feet if I could somehow play necrons.

You should jump in with both feet anyway! Awesome game no matter which side you are playing.

We continue to await expansion news...any news...

Played again this weekend and had a great game! Made me decide to come check the thread to see if there was any news of an expansion...I really want one!!