Heavy fighters screened by a raider with Instigator title.

By zannal, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

I'm sure the moment we get one, it'll be here, with bold flashing typeface.

Only if the asker was right.

Otherwise it'll be in the smallest font that the forum supports. ;)

Who said I wouldn't be doing it regardless? :D

I'm sure the moment we get one, it'll be here, with bold flashing typeface.

Only if the asker was right.

Otherwise it'll be in the smallest font that the forum supports. ;)

Who said I wouldn't be doing it regardless? :D

Bah, I never used the small font

You may not, but what about the other 3-4 people who also emailed FFG might. :P

(This is, if I'm correct in recalling that several people sent this one in.)

Bah, I never used the small font

You may not, but what about the other 3-4 people who also emailed FFG might. :P

(This is, if I'm correct in recalling that several people sent this one in.)

I didn't ask on this one, either.

I've just submitted it, just to make sure it gets out there.

I asked a long time ago (not in a galaxy far far away though) and still no word. Note though that I asked befor the last FAQ update so perhaps they thought the question was answered there and needed no further attention.

Edited by Smuggler

Yeah, I made sure I made it clear that the question was specifically about the interaction between heavy and Instigator.

I submitted it, too. It's been a month.

Don't mind me, just seeing if anyone's posted. ^_^

I wonder if they just arent responding to anything, I submitted a completely unrelated question a while back and I haven't seen an answer to that either.

Maybe because it was answered in the FAQ and they don't feel like spelling it out

Maybe because it was answered in the FAQ and they don't feel like spelling it out

There are a variety of questions that they haven't responded to.

Plus they've never failed to respond before just because something was spelled out.

I figure its just backlogged...

Every question I've sent in has been responded to by the one person: James Kniffen.

Of course, if it is his sole responsibility as game designer to both design the game and answer rules questions, then every rules question we sent in puts back the waves he's also working on further and futher...

... We are all monsters, who will reap what we sow...

So that's why Wave 4 isn't out yet.

I have great toh .

Edited by DerErlkoenig

So that's why Wave 4 isn't out yet.

I have great toh .

It is written that FFG will fly 100,000 light-years to spit in GW's eye on the Last Day. May the life of Jar Jar al'Binks be a vibroshiv for the Emperor's heart. May you always find hydrospanners and shade, jungle moon of my heart.

Okay, really no more Monster, I swear.

I really wanted to contribute something meaningful and have failed spectacularly.

But I would like to state my enthusiasm for a timely answer, as my usual opponent will likely be making use of the "Instigator" title soon. . . . .

It is written that FFG will fly 100,000 light-years to spit in GW's eye on the Last Day. May the life of Jar Jar al'Binks be a vibroshiv for the Emperor's heart. May you always find hydrospanners and shade, jungle moon of my heart.

I really wanted to contribute something meaningful and have failed spectacularly.

But I would like to state my enthusiasm for a timely answer, as my usual opponent will likely be making use of the "Instigator" title soon. . . . .

This made me smile.

OK guys,

please stop posting pointless stuff in this thread. People are going to stop reading it when its updated because it has degenerated into drivel and then when we actually get an answer no one will know.

Edited by Forgottenlore

I'm pretty sure people will know anyway.

Besides, out of 10 pages, at least 8 have got to be useless drivel. No one has stopped looking at the thread yet, so there's a good chance that trend will continue.

I keep coming back. . . Then again I am a glutton for punishment at times. . .

I keep coming back too. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how Instigator negates the Heavy keyword. I certainly don't want to miss the mental contortions that will be necessary to do so.So even if "I lose" it will be darned entertaining.

I keep coming back too. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how Instigator negates the Heavy keyword. I certainly don't want to miss the mental contortions that will be necessary to do so.So even if "I lose" it will be darned entertaining.

The interpretation has been posted, clearly, numerous times. Disagreeing with it is fine, but try to avoid being a **** about it. Unless the mental contortions involved are too stressful for you.

The interpretation has been posted, clearly, numerous times. Disagreeing with it is fine, but try to avoid being a **** about it. Unless the mental contortions involved are too stressful for you.

Explain it for me again. Tell me how the words "actual squadron" as part of a response to a FAQ question that does not reference any key words mean that a squadron with Heavy must be attacked over a ship with the Instigator title.

How did all of you guys get there other than that's the way you want it to work? The mental contortions all of you've used for that are too stressful for me so yes I'm going to keep being unpleasant about it. That was intended as rhetorical but this is stressful.

I MUST choose to target a squadron that explicitly tells me I don't have to target it? I'm simply not capable of that sort of cognitive dissonance.