In your opinion the best Talisman Home Brews expansion

By mightywolve, in Talisman Home Brews

Hello all!

Currently I am looking to print the home brew expansion 'The Vision V1.2'.

But before printing this one, does someone have any other tips of home brew expansions that are in your opinion definitely worth printing? I currently have the official expansions: frost march, reaper, sacred pool, highland and dungeon.

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to these home brew expansions to spice up the game even more!!

Ps. would you advise 250gr or 300gr paper for printing?

Edited by mightywolve

The best ones, in all honesty are the smaller ones that add a small element to the game. The toad king for instance is a lot of fun! THe vision, which is probably a great expansion is just too large and will greatly change the complexity of the game.

The have added a few expansions to the game, namely Timescape, Ranged weapons, Three Elven Swords, The Smithy, Horsetrader, a few modified spaces for buying items, some extra alternative endings and the Portals expansion we developed. We also use some House Rules cards. Overall we enjoy the portals because it brings the entire board closer together and since we use the entire collection of expansions, this is a good thing.

I would recommend starting with some extra characters and a few of the small expansions but there are a lot of good ones out there!

Hello all!

Currently I am looking to print the home brew expansion 'The Vision V1.2'.

But before printing this one, does someone have any other tips of home brew expansions that are in your opinion definitely worth printing? I currently have the official expansions: frost march, reaper, sacred pool, highland and dungeon.

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to these home brew expansions to spice up the game even more!!

Ps. would you advise 250gr or 300gr paper for printing?

It really depends on what theme or mechanic you want to implement on your game.

But I'm with Jedi on this one, smaller expansion (and preferably ones that do not add to the main decks) are the way to go imho.

The Vision is an awesome expansion, but the complexity it brings and the sheer amount of work needed to get it up and ready is immense.

Thank you for your anwsers! But how does The Vision make it more complex? The only thing it does is adding extra content cards?

Edit: The magic systems is changed quite a bit, bit I really like the idea of different magic schools

Edited by mightywolve