The Cataclysm new expansion is announced

By The Thing In The Attic, in Talisman

yeah took all the basic cards out and mixed in the new cards and playing it like that now :)

I'm curious. I haven't received the game yet. Probably during next week according to my local dealer. With your post, do you mean you take out all the base game cards, complete base adventure deck, or are there some kind of upgraded/altered cards in the new expansion that you've exchanged? I like that idea but I don't like the idea of going through the new cards before experiencing them.

Barbarian

Str:4 Craft 1 Fate 2 Life 5

Crags-Netural

You begin the game with a Greatsword from the Purchase deck.
You cannot have or gain Spells. Spells cannot affect you (except for the Command Spell).
If you are defeated in psychic combat and just lost a life, you may roll 1 die. If you roll a 4, 5, or 6, your magic resistance protected you and you did not lose that life, though you still lost the psychic combat.

When you visit the Crags, you may heal 1 life or replenish 1 fate instead of rolling the die.

enjoy

And yes there is a Greatsword in the Purchase deck now.

Just ... wow. That character seems perfectly balanced, right?! :P

Guess my good friend Timmy just found a new main character to play with.

---

Good to know the purchase deck is getting that much of an upgrade,

as this will also effect other cards and abilities from all over the expansions (and the base game of course).

Just ... wow. That character seems perfectly balanced, right?! :P

Guess my good friend Timmy just found a new main character to play with.

---

Good to know the purchase deck is getting that much of an upgrade,

as this will also effect other cards and abilities from all over the expansions (and the base game of course).

yep very good character. Good too the purchase get a update, totally

There's no good characters, only evil and neutral.

Can anyone go through changes to the board? Pleeeeease

I have it in my hot little hands. Or rather, spread out all over my dining table. We're doing our first play through tonight. I can't wait!

I have it in my hot little hands. Or rather, spread out all over my dining table. We're doing our first play through tonight. I can't wait!

Pictures!

Right

now!

My copy has been sucked into The Warp it seems :(

Fingers crossed for tomorrow...

Neil received his today, as did I.

<whisper>Who is Neil?</whisper>

Looks like us Americans finally got our acts together. Mine's just shipped today and I should get it by Saturday.

I, too, wouldn't mind a board spoiler...or a list of cards spoiler.

Edited by Quartzquiz

Looks like us Americans finally got our acts together. Mine's just shipped today and I should get it by Saturday.

I, too, wouldn't mind a board spoiler...or a list of cards spoiler.

The Village, City, Tavern, Chapel, and Graveyard spaces no longer are roll spaces. You can only place Denizens on them, and the NPCs that lived on those spaces (Alchemist, Doctor, Village Mystic, Farmer, etc.) are now all in the Denizen deck.

The other roll spaces (Crags, Forest, Temple) have changed a bit. And you no longer have roll options in the Warlock's Cave.

The only space that has been removed from the board is the Black Knight, and the Castle has moved to his old space. There is an additional Desert space to take the BN space, and it's where the Woods space used to be in the Middle Region. The Woods space is now at the top of the Sentinel, and the Hills space that had been there is now where the Castle used to be.

Edited by bowlwoman

Much appreciated! Saturday can't come soon enough for me!

Neil received his today, as did I.

<whisper>Who is Neil?</whisper>

Another country bumpkin from the south west of England. :)

What about Runes & Chasm?

Are City, Village and Tavern now spaces with identical text?

Hi Bludgeon, the four corner places all now contain the same text and you must draw then visit one Denizen on that space. The only difference is that if you are evil and visit the Chapel you lose one live due to additional text on the space, vice versa for the Graveyard.

Edited by Ancient Virus

Still waiting by the door for the postie...

I just wish companies would only mark things as despatched when they have been dropped at the Post Office, not when they have processed an order... :(

By the way, I won't be making a spoiler card list this time around, as I thought someone else might like the job of typing it all out! :)

Thanks to everyone for the heads up, but were not through yet - what about...

Ruins? / Sentinel? / Oasis? / Hidden Valley? / Cursed Glade? / Chasm? / Castle?

Inner Region spaces?

Thanks in advance. ;)

"The four corner places all now contain the same text and you must draw then visit one Denizen on that space. The only difference is that if you are evil and visit the Chapel you lose one live due to additional text on the space, vice versa for the Graveyard."

- Wait a minute, so no free replenishing of life/fate for good/evil and/or buying it for neutral chars anymore?? :o

Edited by Lorinor

It depends which Denizen might be there...

Okay, so let's just say that with that many cards, it is very much possible that you won't get it. Still not sure if I like that... :blink:

---

I was honestly a bit surprised, but I just checked and it seems nobody has posted it yet, so...

That's a first for me - time for a brave new world: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/4/14/brave-new-world/

Edited by Lorinor

...and the postman just delivered it!

<happy dance>

I will be waiting for the next payday, sadly, due to tight circumstances with the money-flow. But I hope I am regaled with many stories of happy adventures in Talisman, now including the Cataclysm!

Aw its delayed coming to OZ... "sniff".

OZ.... "Old Zealand" ?