Loudo's Expansion

By Loudo, in Talisman Home Brews

Hello y'all!

For all those interested, here's the link to download: https://mega.nz/#F!OIolQQbR (decryption key: !dhcgyUGZOdw2XUClcgtm8w )

This expansion includes:

> 47 character cards

> 1 special character card, the Toadcursed

> 3 Alternate Endings

> 1 new NPC, the Judge

> Special tokens required to play the Courier, the Party of Heroes, and the Psion characters

If you want to look at the custom characters without downloading the folder, here's the topic: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/129202-my-collection-of-custom-characters/

Here I will share the most recent additions to my custom materials.

The%20Judge%20rules_zpsyzghqujw.jpg

The%20Judge%20Card_zpsgxurdg06.jpg

Here's my new NPC, the Judge. I really liked the idea of having an NPC that represented not something esoteric or dangerous, like Death or a Werewolf, but rather the longa manus of human Law and Rules.

The lands of Talisman are wild and lawless, but the wandering Judge makes his best to keep order around the realm. For this reason, he will move to investigate any place where conflict and violence arise. He is not, however, above bribery, so players can avoid bad results by giving him gold.

My Alternate Endings, all replacing the Crown of Command with a different mystical artefact:

Sceptre%20of%20Leadership_zps4fzyxnsg.jp

Despite the name "Crown of Command", I never really get the impression I am commanding anything or anyone at the end of the game. So I wanted to create an ending where you literally become the ruler of the land after you win: This powerful Sceptre makes people naturally follow you.

Holy%20Chalice_zpsmc6gnpsw.jpg

This revelead ending gives the Magical Quest a more holy undertone. The players are all searching for the legendary Holy Grail, and must retreive other holy artefacts along the way.

Note that, unlike the Lightbearers ending, this ending does not force everyone to play a good character. Rather, acquiring and keeping a good alignment is part of the spiritual quest the characters have to undertake.

This ending was inspired by vanityismysanity's excellent custom ending King's Quest.

Necronomicon_zpsszwddtxc.jpg

With this hidden ending, instead of fighting a final boss, the player who first reaches the Crown of Command will have to fight all the Enemies other players throw at him. It is sort of the reverse of the Pandora's Box.

Once this ending is revealed, all other characters will have to kill as many Enemies they can, in order to provide a challenge to the owner of the Necronomicon.

Edited by Loudo

Nice work, Loudo. Love those Alternate Endings!

I ilke it.

My only beef with it being the requirement of owning the City expansion (and play with it) for the Judge to work properly.

Other than that, pretty nifty ;) Lots of custom characters to choose from.

Great edition! Downloading it right now :lol:

Thank you, glad you guys like it. :-)

My only beef with it being the requirement of owning the City expansion (and play with it) for the Judge to work properly.

I'm sorry about that. If you like the Judge and you want to use it without the City expansion, I would suggest the following changes:

-> Ignore the part about drawing cards from the City deck when you are on the same space as the Judge.

-> When you roll a 1, Followers are simply discarded. If you have no Followers, you are transported to the City space and you have to treat it as if it were the Jail: 1-2) fail to escape and lose 1 life; 3-4) fail to escape; 5-6) you escape, roll for your movement.

-> When you roll a 4, discard 1 gold. If you can't, miss a turn.

Edited by Loudo

I can't get the expansion downloaded from Mega :(

I've tried about half a dozen times, and each time it fails at 98%... Grrr...

Thank you, glad you guys like it. :-)

I'm sorry about that. If you like the Judge and you want to use it without the City expansion, I would suggest the following changes:

-> Ignore the part about drawing cards from the City deck when you are on the same space as the Judge.

-> When you roll a 1, Followers are simply discarded. If you have no Followers, you are transported to the City space and you have to treat it as if it were the Jail: 1-2) fail to escape and lose 1 life; 3-4) fail to escape; 5-6) you escape, roll for your movement.

-> When you roll a 4, discard 1 gold. If you can't, miss a turn.

It's ok ;)

I have a lack of space issue regarding my table (and my living-room for that matter, lol) and I sadly cannot play with corner expansions at home (I'm trying to figure out a solution tough).

So the beef is my own only, I'm sure other people like that aspect as the City is a pretty cool expansion (love it on Digital).

Until I move to a bigger flat I'm doomed to play with only card expansions and homebrews that don't use the corners (which was one of the reasons I made Gates of Hell and download homebrews).

Cheers!

Thank you for sharing, Silvio. :-)

Thanks guys! I'll chuck it on the site later soon. :)

Thank you for sharing, Silvio. :-)

Np ;)

Well, it's up there - http://www.talismanisland.com/?page_id=4888

You just have to decide if you want the name altering for credits. :)

Thank you. You may use my real name: Federico Pozzi. :)