Reaction question

By Reiryc, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Objective set 36, card 2.

Human replica droid.reaction: after you win an edge battle, put this unit into play from your hand as a participating unit on your side.

The cost on the card is 3.

To put this card into play after winning edge, does the cost still need to be paid or is it essentially free?

Does it stay in play area after the engagement if it survives?

Edited by Reiryc

The "alternate cost" is winning the edge. If you win the edge you put him down and yes you get to keep him until he is destroyed.

To clarify a little...

Human Replica Droid instructs to, as part of its Reaction , "put this card into play." According to p. 13 of the rule book, "put into play" means to take a card from an out of play state and transfer it directly into play without paying its resource cost. Now, if it had instructed you to "play this unit" as the Actions of "Backstabber" and Admiral Ackbar do, you would still have to pay the resource cost.

Again, if something were supposed to happen to Human Replica droid at the end of the engagement, the card itself would tell you. Compare the text of Secret Guardian or Unfinished Business, which specifically tell you that the unit is returned to its owners hand or discard pile, respectively, at the end of the phase.

Edited by D.Knight Sevus

Ok great info guys, thank you!

This is my first card game, so still getting used to the rules. I'm playing with my 9 yr old son, so no one to clarify rules with unlike say imperial assault, xwing or armada where I play at the local game shop and can discuss with fellow adults.

This game is very fun!