50 Person, 2 Day Tournament, Indianapolis, IN

By mikemcmann, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

FEBRUARY 27 -28, 2016

50 person, 400 point tournament

2 days 3 rounds Saturday, 2 rounds Sunday

Catered Lunch all day saturday (Subway and Little Caesars)

Host: Family Time Game Store (an amazing store and game site! check it out: http://www.family-time-games.com/

Reserve your spot at the tournament via : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/star-wars-armada-50-person-5-round-2-day-tournament-indianapolis-in-tickets-19923176758

------------------------------------------

standard FFG tournament rules apply.

All available waves for sale at time of tournament are legal

Rounds will be 150 minutes in length with a 10-15 minute interim between rounds

special tournament rule : objectives may be changed between tournament rounds

MoV in use for this tournament (unless updated prior to tournament by FFG) will be:

• 0-25 5/5
  • 25-65 6/4
  • 66-115 7/3
  • 116-195 8/2
  • 196-285 9/1
  • 286+ 10/0

PRIZE SUPPORT!!!

All entry fees will go directly to prize support. Additionally, it will be matched by Family Times Games. If the full complement of attendees participate, there will be almost $1500 in prizes (in addition to other sponsors special prize support)

All attendees will receive a gift bag with fun and useful bits (think acrylic tokens, etc)

Prize distribution will be:

1st place 30% of total prize purse

2nd place 20%

3rd place 15%

4th place 10%

5th place 5%

The remaining 20% of the prize pool (plus fun special prizes) will be split amongst the following:

The One - undefeated player (ties by MoV)

Best Rebel - By Tourney Points

Best Imperial - By Tourney points

Chewies Chop Shop - best modified fleet (by group vote)

Palpatines Paint Pros - best repaint (by group vote)

Wing Commander - most squadrons (tie break by most points)

Wingless commander - least squadrons (tie break by least points, then die roll)

Tinkers - most upgrade cards (tie break by most points)

Factory Fresh - least upgrade cards (tie break by least points)

Leviathan - most expensive ship with upgrades

Ill fates - Dead Last by tourney points

Kessel Run - Farthest transport to tournament

Let the wookie win.. - best sport (by votes by opponents)

Best cosplay - by group vote

In addition, we will have trophies and medals for the winners and and semi elaborate award ceremony! :)

Special Vendor Prizes

I continue to secure special vendor support as I work the planning of the event. As more vendors come on board I will post new prize support for the event.

SPECIAL GUESTS!

Be on the lookout for special themed guest attendees :)

EARLY BIRD SIGN UP BONUS!

Sign up and reserve a spot before January 27th, 2016 and receive ONE command token reserve to be played at any point during the tournament. Given to judge when used.

Provide Fleet list for verification before February 20th and receive ONE shield point "token" to be added in the status phase. Given to judge when used.

Commemorative T Shirts

Working on a fancy schmancy design for a t shirt with some graphic artists. When the design is finalized, I will post images. Anyone wanting a t shirt will need to let me know prior to February 1 so we can get them from the manufacturer. I estimate about $12 per shirt.

Housing

For those traveling from out of town, I have a specially priced room block reserved at the Embassy Suites. The hotel is less than 100 meters from the hosting game store. Simply click the link below to be directed to the special room rate block. The hotel allows up to six guests per suite for those traveling with buddies and splitting the costs.

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/I/INDNHES-FTG-20160226/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Questions, concerns, gripes, whines and special favors, contact:

Mike McMann

[email protected]

or - on the FFG forum under "mikemcmann"

Edited by mikemcmann

Reserved

Making the dream a reality. Looking forward to playing in this.

Great! Thanks for the enthusiasm and support!

Love the game and want it to grow!

You're the man. I'm going to crunch some travel numbers and get signed up as soon as I have a plan.

Great stasy!

Road trip! :-)

Let me know if ya need any other info.

At least your starter in yer car is new...right? :-D

Great stasy!

Road trip! :-)

Let me know if ya need any other info.

At least your starter in yer car is new...right? :-D

I'd probably grab a rental. I trust my car... I just rather put 1200 miles on somebody else's. :)

Yeah, got to compare flight/driving costs. Thinking the rental would still be cheaper.

Props for really following through on this. The community needs people like you.

Thanks zig. Kind words.

Love the game and (selfishly) want more people to play :-)

A couple of things as I take this under consideration.

Entry cost is?

Does the entry cost include the catering?

Could you explain more about the special rule?

That's a big store with lots of space. Doesn't quite seem like 25 3x6 spaces though. Are rounds going to be split up? i.e. take five hours with only half of the particpants playing at once.

. . . . I think I know ow where my Christmas is going to. . . All those work hours just for this. . . Seems good

Entry cost is?

That's a big store with lots of space. Doesn't quite seem like 25 3x6 spaces though. Are rounds going to be split up? i.e. take five hours with only half of the particpants playing at once.

Hey Frimmel

Entry total is $17. The event mngmt site charges $1.93 for the service, thus the odd total.

The entry fee includes food all day Saturday. $15 of the entry goes to prize support matched by the store.

The special rule is simply; after each round you can change your objectives. In a large tournament, I want to avoid "Intel pass through " where someone finds out and can pre plan for an opponents objective.

The bonuses for early signup and list submission are also just as they say. Free command token and shield to be used at the players discretion.

Space.... There is soooooo much. 25 4x6 tables EASILY fit with space to spare. Feel free to contact the store if you have reservations. Many on here play there now (I played there Tuesday and yesterday) and it is cavernous! rough estimate is 45' x 100' size store footprint. Massive. I'll take some photos of the space this weekend and post.

We will have ALL 50 players playing each round.

Come join the fun! :)

@lyraeus

Yes! Come to the dark side! :) . It'll be a blast and it'd be great to meet the faces behind all the discussion on here! (And great videos)

Space is filling up fast!

25% full in 24 hours!

Already represented from four states besides indiana ;)

Entry cost is?

Hey Frimmel

Entry total is $17. The event mngmt site charges $1.93 for the service, thus the odd total.

The entry fee includes food all day Saturday. $15 of the entry goes to prize support matched by the store.

The special rule is simply; after each round you can change your objectives. In a large tournament, I want to avoid "Intel pass through " where someone finds out and can pre plan for an opponents objective.

The bonuses for early signup and list submission are also just as they say. Free command token and shield to be used at the players discretion.

Space.... There is soooooo much. 25 4x6 tables EASILY fit with space to spare. Feel free to contact the store if you have reservations. Many on here play there now (I played there Tuesday and yesterday) and it is cavernous! rough estimate is 45' x 100' size store footprint. Massive. I'll take some photos of the space this weekend and post.

Just wanted to second Mikes description of the store. It's ENORMOUS!! Only a couple miles off the interstate too.The tables will be big enough for a game with space to spare for carrying trays or whatever. The tables are also a nice height. Can't wait!

Entry cost is?

Hey Frimmel

Thanks. It would be a two night trip for me in the dead of winter with a considerable drive. I'll have to give this a good bit of thought.

Let me know if there's any way I can help you make the trip!

The more admirals the merrier! ;-)

@lyraeus

Yes! Come to the dark side! :) . It'll be a blast and it'd be great to meet the faces behind all the discussion on here! (And great videos)

25% full in 24 hours!

Tickets alone to fly is $400

Edited by Lyraeus

$721 Round Trip for me... Per person... For just Airfare. Hate to think what the US'll make me to do clear customs This Time .

As awesome as it is, I think I need more time to plot and plan...

Totally understand if travel is too costly.

But watch for special fares ;) . I have a feed that sends me super deals regularly. Sometimes a seat will pop up cheap. Or, do what I do..... Fly once....then never pay again ;) . It's a long story...... Heheh....

@lyraeus

25% full in 24 hours!

Well I need to make flight reservations or at least find what it will cost. .. I will be one of few traveling the farthest

You're in Seattle, right? Or around that area? Unless we get an overseas guest, you'd win "the Kessel run" prize! Haha...

@lyraeus

25% full in 24 hours!

Well I need to make flight reservations or at least find what it will cost. .. I will be one of few traveling the farthest

You're in Seattle, right? Or around that area? Unless we get an overseas guest, you'd win "the Kessel run" prize! Haha...

Maybe. I am going to be getting a huge paycheck during Christmas (131 hours of work) so I should be OK to pay for that then

Awesome dude! I look forward to meeting you!

If transport from the airport is an issue, I'm sure I can arrange something. We're just a short hop from the airport to the game site.

Mike

Awesome dude! I look forward to meeting you!

If transport from the airport is an issue, I'm sure I can arrange something. We're just a short hop from the airport to the game site.

Mike

Yep, look up in the main body . There is a link to the embassy suites next door to the game site. Great room and rate.

Reserved! I'm looking forward to putting some faces to the names around here and testing my skills. The cool prizes are an added bonus!