Questions - Prevent Support Abilities and general movement

By Lokeus, in StarCraft

Hi there,

I`m german so sorry for any mistakes in my sentences :)

We play starcraft for a long time now in our gaming group, but especially starcraft got a lot of traps so we didn`t take out all secrets of this game yet ;)

So here are my 2 questions so far:

1. The Technology cards "Feedback" an also "Shockwave" results in preventing the effect of opponents support card in the skirmish. Is there any order in executing the effects of the support abilities on both sides? We got the case that halucination was played, so the combat card of opponent was discarded an afterwards halucination was negated, so what to do? And what to do if terran fights vs. protoss and both plays feedback and shockwave? Do they negate themselves? Or is there any order by doing that?

2. Movement order allows to move your units in any empty or friendly area with no enemy units. But what about areas with enemy base and no units in it? It is therefore not really empty, it`s controlled by opponent. We know that it can`t be the destination of withdrawed or retreating units but while movement order it should work, doesn`t it?

3. One of our players filled all of his zerg module slots with modules. After that he would like to destroy one of them to build another one as it is also allowed to do this with own units, bases and so on. possible or not?

1. "Cancel" abilities are resolved always first. Hallucination vs EMP Shockwave case is described in the rules (page 38) - attackerĀ“s ability is resolved first. EMP Shockwave vs. Feedback - EMP is resolved first (Feedback does not take effect)

2. Area with an enemy base and no units is considered as enemy area. So if you move any units there, you cannot move your units to any other enemy area.

3. It is not stated in rules anywhere, but I think you can do that (you may destroy any your units during your turn except battle, so why not modules..)

RESHETO. said:

3. It is not stated in rules anywhere, but I think you can do that (you may destroy any your units during your turn except battle, so why not modules..)

Yes we played it in this way, too. But in this case the limitation of 5 modules on zerg- and 6 modules on prot/terran faction sheets are anyway senseless. With brood war it is possible to build up to a total of 9 modules.

Lokeus said:

Yes we played it in this way, too. But in this case the limitation of 5 modules on zerg- and 6 modules on prot/terran faction sheets are anyway senseless. With brood war it is possible to build up to a total of 9 modules.

Well im pretty sure the Zerg only get 5 module slots (in standard Starcraft:tbg) because they dont have any Module for increasing their Build Unit Limit. As you probarly know they increase their Build Unit Limit by building the two additional building types other than the one you start with.

the tim said:

Lokeus said:

Well im pretty sure the Zerg only get 5 module slots (in standard Starcraft:tbg) because they dont have any Module for increasing their Build Unit Limit. As you probarly know they increase their Build Unit Limit by building the two additional building types other than the one you start with.

On second thought.

In my Starcraft Board Game Zerg players have 3 slots for their 4 modules and Terran / Protos have 5 for their 7 modules.

So all races have the ability to buy 1-3 golden orders, 3-6 build unit limit and One Air Support.

Im am most curious to find out what variation of the game the OP have/had in his/her possesion :)