Batavia, IL Tourney January 2nd

By nathanaelsmith88, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Draxtar Games is hosting a casual tournament on Saturday January 2nd. If you live near the western suburbs of Chicago you should come! It looks like they will be having a 400 pt. tournament and a large-scale demo. for veterans and new players.

http://www.draxtargames.com/

Sounds fun! I'll try to make the drive out there from Chicago.

Great! Spread the word!

Is there some kind of pre-registration? I went to the website but it doesn't show any January events yet. I've got a number of people from the Downers Grove scene who might be able to make it.

Edited by Snipafist

I know there's a physical sign-up at the store. You can e-mail Draxtar Games at [email protected] or call them at 630-454-4585.

Honestly, I usually just Facebook them.

How much space does the store have? I might organize a road trip of Champaign players to come up. :)

I believe there are five 4'x12' tables, allowing for ten games with room to spare on each side.

Unless there is a 40K tourney going on. :) Having played in other game tourneys there you should have 4 of the five tables unless something else is scheduled.

In general a nice gaming space, plenty of room.

Cool, I'll be making my way up for the game from Champaign.

Great! Currently, there are no other events scheduled on the 2nd (40K is on the 3rd!).

What will be the start time? Entry fee?

Start time is currently set at 12:30. I don't believe that there is an entry fee as of yet.

Is the non-standard limit on squadron points final? Standard limit would be 134, but the store site says 120.

Ooh, I will mention that to the store owner. I assume that is a calculation error.

The squadron point limit has been fixed. I confirmed with the owner, there won't be an entry fee for this event. If you have a chance, shoot them an e-mail to let them know you are coming. Thanks!

I already did a couple weeks ago, see you Saturday!