fury of the ancients

By dark121, in UFS Rules Q & A

"Each of the cards placed into your card pool counts as a copy of the Multiple attack with a blank text box and speed and damage values equal to the printed values of the original attack."

so what about zone?

if i use fury of the ancients E to change the zone to high, then multiple it, are my multiple copies mid attacks or high attacks?

i know that printed values never get changed, but it's a copy, where damage and speed are printed values, not zone....

I personally believe that the multiple copies are mid attacks. but i can't find a rule telling me they're not...

dark121 said:

"Each of the cards placed into your card pool counts as a copy of the Multiple attack with a blank text box and speed and damage values equal to the printed values of the original attack."

so what about zone?

if i use fury of the ancients E to change the zone to high, then multiple it, are my multiple copies mid attacks or high attacks?

i know that printed values never get changed, but it's a copy, where damage and speed are printed values, not zone....

I personally believe that the multiple copies are mid attacks. but i can't find a rule telling me they're not...

They'd maintain the zone of the attack at the time the enhance was played. They would also have any extra or missing resources, the control, difficulty and block(if any) the attack had at the time the enhance was played. They would also have the same copyright and illustrator as the original attack, if there were ever to be a card printed that referenced those statistics.

is that the official ruling? that's what i'm looking for. if so could you cite it please. thanks

i think speed has values of a number and a zone

so if the multiples gain printed values they'd gain the printed zone and speed... that makes most sense!

2.14.2.4 Multiple
Multiple: X (Enhance) - E Discard up to X momentum: Place the momentum discarded to pay for this ability face down into your card pool to the right of the Multiple attack. Each of the cards placed into your card pool counts as a copy of the Multiple attack with a blank text box and speed and damage values equal to the printed values of the original attack. No control check is required to play these cards, and each copy has its own Enhance Phase, Block Step, and Damage Step. Players must go from left to right, resolving each attack in turn. If a multiple copy would go to a player’s momentum for any reason, it is discarded instead. If you attempt to create a “multiple copy” of a “multiple copy,” the “copy of the copy” is discarded.

Speed and Zone are two distinctly different things. This means that without the inclusion of 'printed zone' in the multiple rule, the attack copies the current state of the attack when the multiples are generated.

There is no precedence for any other ruling on this.

-Tinman