Playmat or Playspace Size??

By alexbobspoons, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

So, I dont get to open my set until Xmas.

But in the mean-time...

I love playing on playmats, I think the feel is really nice. While LCG's pretty much fit the standard size, how are peoples experiences on this game so far with regards to the space it takes?

Is it simply one playmat per player? One playmat for the "Dungeon"? Do you need two or three for single player? Or does it simply sprawl past the extents of standard playmats?

Any thoughts appreciated. It would be nice to buy some generic fantasy playmats to suit the game but if thats not feasible its also good to know.

Cheers

:)

I could see having a central one for the dungeon and individual ones for the players. The player ones wouldn't be as small as the PACG ones, but I don't think they need to be CCG sized mats either. Short of custom mats that's probably where you are. The other option I've gone with is just a table sized mat that I use for everything.

I could see having a central one for the dungeon and individual ones for the players. The player ones wouldn't be as small as the PACG ones, but I don't think they need to be CCG sized mats either. Short of custom mats that's probably where you are. The other option I've gone with is just a table sized mat that I use for everything.

Thanks for that :)

So the dungeon will fit ok on a standard mat, thats good to know.

But smaller for the players.. hmm, are we talking mouse-mat size or bigger?

Im also not sure if in my solo games of this I will be playing one or more heros multi-handed, so that may affect things too. I might just have to wait until Xmas and see how much space I take up.

Is your table sized mat the usual playmat-type material or something different? I bought a big poker-cloth but the sharp edges of card sleeves snag in it so it snot that good. The squashy mousemat type of playmats do have a great surface.

Thanks again

Alex

Definitely bigger than a mouse pad. Figure you need space for 8 cards to be clearly visible in both ready and exhausted position (though the player card is always landscape). With probably a little extra room for tokens/gear. Gear is mini cards, but everything else is full sized.

My mat is this: http://quivergaming.com/

I've got the 40x58" version of the Light of Knight. It's a much heaver mat than a typical playmat. Thankfully I have a dedicated gaming table that I can leave it out on all the time.

A standard mat per player if you can I think. With the shadows and decks sitting kind of centrally...

Awesome thank you!!

I'm using a standard Magic the Gathering mat for solo play, which seems to work ok. Does FFG ever do themed playmats or is it just for tournaments? Would have liked something for this and Elder Sign.

Edited by NikToo