Expansion Rumors?

By svranes, in Forbidden Stars

Putting this in here just hoping for FFG to throw us a bone...

...are there ANY announcements or indications that FFG will put out an expansion or two for this? I'm a bit concerned that there may not be anything coming down the pipe for this product. Makes me think maybe I'm in the minority in my very fond feelings for this game.

I think the Vassal comment was for Conquest, not this one, but he seemed pretty sure in that video clip that it was for FS.

Any thoughts? FFG, any plans that you could leak for this, either way?

You are not alone, there are a lot of people itching for an expansion :) ! But seriously, there has been no update on the game for six months!!

i truly hope that FFG wont decline instantly a possible expansion (sets) for this nice game.

Here's hoping. Not even an FAQ so far...

They did say the FAQ will be at least 6 months from game launch...if i recall correctly

A expansion to this game is vital -- I mean seeing this huge game box sold in popular high streets shops, everywhere, and THEN to see FF ditching this game would be Heresy. Heresy!

First off -- Introducing a 5th Player and thus another Faction is a MUST! They need to build up to having the same number of factions as W40k Conquest. Perhaps adding that 5th Faction like they did the Skaven in Chaos in the Old World expansion...? Hm, but which faction...? Imperial Guard... or is that too close to Space Marines...? Then surely Tau! That would be awesome!!!! Or just go straight for Tyranids, that would be game changing...

Second --- New Units would be awesome -- perhaps like with Rune Wars where they created an add-on to the player sheet. Somehow or another it is totally do-able.

Third --- Cards... more of 'em! (I think the Combat cards are brilliant, great design with inter-faction warfare relevance and so on. So I think I would like to see more Event Cards. But hey am I getting greedy?!?)

Fourth --- A new type of Order???

Fifth --- Some more System Tiles -- perhaps with some extra spice... Maybe Warp related, or, or....? (Hm, perhaps I am getting greedy... but **** it this game could grow, grow and out shine Twilight Imperium...I tells ya!!!)

Anyhow the FF website is long overdue some news on Forbidden Stars...

New Races - To keep faction ideologies balanced I'd like to see 3 new races

; Tau (similar ideology to the Eldar), Dark Eldar or Necrons (alternative to Chaos) and the Sisters of Battle or Imperial Guard (personally, I'd prefer the SoB, they have more charisma).

Super Abilities/5th Order - A player can be given a rare chance or under unique conditions (Space Marines special ability activates when they're on the brink of defeat. Eldar special ability activates once all LV3 Combat Upgrade cards are bought) once a round, to play a 5th order, which could be some kind of super ability. E.g. Waagh! All Ork units gain a massive firepower and morale boost, for 1 round, at the cost of armour. 'Unwavering Faith' All SoB units get a massive morale boost during combat for 2 rounds.

New units - I love the models, but my problem is the flags. I would've loved to have a small squad of Eldar rangers or Banshees instead of just a lame flag. The flags, especially, are extremely fragile. I opened my brand new box and discovered an Eldar and Space Marine flag broken. Adding new units to the faction card will be a problem, though they could get around it. I'd like each side to have a hero unit or commander, giving combat boosts to units in the same area tile.

The Warp

- Aside from blocking movement, the Warp Storm hasn't been used to it's full potential. I think it would be a terrific idea to, after every round, roll dices to determine whether the Tyranids will emerge from the Warp (as a non-playable faction and universal enemy) to attack and occupy nearby worlds. I love this game, it's very well balanced and the Tyranid Warp factor might just give it that extra bit of excitement.

I'd like to see a standalone set with four new races that you can mix and match - we need more tiles, as well, so an expansion with planets with even more unique abilities, things like Blackstone Fortresses or other scenarios that involve something more like 'king of the hill' rather than the current 'scavenger hunt' gameplan. Another thing they can do is print new faction sheets and event/combat decks - they made a point of clarifying that it wasn't just generic CSM, for example, it was World Eaters specifically (although the deck itself screams Word Bearers), so they could print an Emperor's Children or Thousand Sons deck/faction card set to completely change up the way Chaos plays.

You're not alone in loving this game. My buddies and I play all the time have a blast. I love the Orks! I would love to see new factions like Tau, Tyrannid, and even Necron! Please FFG, make expansions!

Even though Imperial Guard and Tau are two of my favourites in the GW miniatures, I think for this game the best races for an expansion would be Necrons and Tyranids. Necrons and Tyranids would both have high morale, but Necrons would have fewer units than any other faction, maybe two of each type of ship, same number of infantry as Eldar, but high damage points. Their dominate order could be something like 'spawn one [smallest infantry] in an adjacent system on an uncontrolled world'.

Tyranids could have loads of small infantry, maybe that do less attack dice than other teams, but they could have double unit capacity on worlds and voids to represent swarming? And low damage and attack units but many of them? That way you would have two completely different races in the mix. SoB are too much like SM, Dark Eldar are too much like Eldar and IG are too much like Orks for mass numbers.