Road To Legend/Tomb of Ice – final battle problem???

By Noodle2977, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Just received an email from a mate. We’ve just completed our first RTL campaign (The Demon Prince won the final battle with 6 health remaining – Woo Hoo!) and will be starting our second in a couple of weeks. We have all the expansions including Tomb of Ice and the mate in question (henceforth referred to as Pete) is thinking of taking the new Fairy character worth 1 Conquest. Can’t remember her name. Anyway, she has the Ghost ability from Tomb of Ice:

Ghost

Figures with the Ghost ability cannot be attacked by adjacent figures using a melee attack. A figure with the Reach ability can attack a figure that has the Ghost ability using a melee attack, as long as both figures are not adjacent and the Ghost figure is within range of the Reach figure.

Pete’s just emailed an interesting observation:

“It would be interesting to see if the Beastman boss has reach if not then if you played the ghost character Versus him the players couldn’t lose!”

I don’t have the game with me. Does anyone know if the Beastman Lord has an Avatar Upgrade or if there’s a level-specific condition which would stop this? I’m not THAT fussed because I’m taking the Sorceror King for the next campaign but would be interesting to know.

Cheers

Trying to answer without spoilers: The Beastmen Lord's Keep has an alternative way to deal damage to the heroes. The Fairy would not be safe.

I myself am confused as to how, in the final battle with the avatar, unable to target the character with Ghost and with no Overlord cards in hand and no other Monsters on the board, the avatar can actually kill a charcter with Ghost, and hence win.

Zyla is broken in regards to the Titan and Beastman Lord, especially with grapple. Yea, there is a pit of shadows and the braziers, but a situation is conceivable where the Titan or BeeEl can do crap while Zyla kicks their behind.

Xandria says: Ghost becomes Stealth vs. Avatars.

I second Xandria's motion

Given that the Heroes are much much faster than the monsters, you'd probably want to make a similar ruleing on Shadowcloak, lest a Hero have that ability somehow.

Thought so.

If anyone sees a response from Kevin could they flag it here please.