The inevitable musical question:

By LETE, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

Music from the Aliens series has a good feel. The Dead Space OST is worth a listen. I have to agree with a good chunk of the music for the Hellraiser series can work as well. There really is quite a bit out there, honestly.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Brother Praetus said:

Music from the Aliens series has a good feel. The Dead Space OST is worth a listen. I have to agree with a good chunk of the music for the Hellraiser series can work as well. There really is quite a bit out there, honestly.

-=Brother Praetus=-

All right, sounding like a complete ignoramus , but how on Earth do you get all those game OSTs (some of the beforementioned games I have)? from the game itself, from torrents, or are they sold separately?

Thanks!!!

Lete

LETE said:

All right, sounding like a complete ignoramus , but how on Earth do you get all those game OSTs (some of the beforementioned games I have)? from the game itself, from torrents, or are they sold separately?

Thanks!!!

Lete

You do realize that saying they came from torrents could mean the admitting of guilt in commiting a crime right?

That being said, typing in the title of a game or a movie in google along with words like "OST" or "Sountrack" tend to bring up some results. Some from online stores selling them and some from torrent files.

It's your call what to do with this information.

Varnias Tybalt said:

LETE said:

Thanks!!!

Lete

You do realize that saying they came from torrents could mean the admitting of guilt in commiting a crime right?

Only in some countries... Well, let's say it was a hypothetical question... lengua.gif

Varnias Tybalt said:

That being said, typing in the title of a game or a movie in google along with words like "OST" or "Sountrack" tend to bring up some results. Some from online stores selling them and some from torrent files.

It's your call what to do with this information.

Just checkin' if there was some other way I didn't know to get 'em (besides the ones I mentioned)... Some games have access to their ST as extras... Thanks.

L

There are also programs that can extract the soundfile from a movie. Many dvds have the music and soundeffects on one track and the voices on another (especially dvds distributed in countries where dubbing is common), so there you can get the music without the talking. This practice is in many countries included in the consumers "fair use" of copyright, if you own the movie.

I mainly use some Lustmord albums ( www.myspace.com/lustmord ) for space ambience. Other than that it's pretty varied and depending on the scene/atmosphere I want.

Glenn Danzig's Black Aria , truely amazing stuff!

GalagaGalaxian said:

This is what was playing during our first space battle.

Dvorak - Symphony No. 9 From the New World - 4th movement

That was actually on my list of music for RT as well. I've associated it with epic space combat ever since the anime "Legend of the Galactic Heroes" had it playing in one of the major space battles. gran_risa.gif

Onw of my recent swarches, inFAMOUS soundtrack (posted track is just awesome, others are more ambient and more useful as game backround I suppose)

Baadsgaard said:

I mainly use some Lustmord albums ( www.myspace.com/lustmord ) for space ambience. Other than that it's pretty varied and depending on the scene/atmosphere I want.

Now you've got me hooked on Lustmord... Thanks!

L