Funny Gaming Stories

By BlkSabbath74, in Rogue Trader

Finally RT party has pacified Svard, and all the system is now approaching colony status.

The RT decides to host a giant festival, like a worlds fair,

to announce that Svard should now be on the trade routes,

be seen as a fuel stop, shrine, and repair yard. and is now a nice place in Koronus

(translation: come here and lets us sell you stuff)

So the town plaza is set aside as a vendor area, and various concerns are sold tent space.

lets say something like this:

2014%20Layout.jpg

Now the Stryxis were invited, and sold a booth, far away from the Eldar booth.

But when the PCs attention was elsewhere, the Stryxis bogarted the entire central plaza,

like the area labeled "carnival area" above. The players decided not to press the issue,

since no trouble was started yet and they didnt want the peaceful festival marred by any ugliness.

So the multi day festival went fine, even though the visiting eldar left after one day and

the visiting space marines told the RT in no uncertain terms that if any trouble did arise

they were going to cleanse the area thoroughly.

Well with much diplomacy and fate point usage the festival went off without any incidents

and the worst thing that happened was the Stryxis sold a kid a suitcase nuke but that crisis

was defused in time.

So as all the vendors are packing up to leave the RT sends his muscle down to the Stryxis area

and the players proceed to read them the riot act. A spectacular intimidate roll and good speech by the player,

followed by a botched negotiation roll for the Stryxis had them totally cowed, and scared that they had offended.

So they were commanded to return again next year and give the RT house 25% discount on all he desires, or else!

Don't you just hate it when you total botch a roll badly...

My worse was in a Top Secret/SI game where the bad guy had a M-60 in a watch tower opened up on Full Auto at the party, and well by the end of the turn his gun was like -60 to and jammed on 84 or better.. until the roll of "Drop the Gun" came up and I ruled he just threw it off the tower.

My players love it when the enemies get into this RM10millionwaystodie.jpg and hate when they do

First off let me just say my friends and I are very new to rogue trader but are all ready having fun with it.

So let' start of with a bit of character explanation. I was a tech-priest that was utterly insane. Named his servo skull and all.

The GM had a Eldar come and stole a kill from the rouge trader and me. While we were in shock the eldar started to monologue saying if he had one coin for every mon'ky he killed he would be rich. Continuing to be a eldar *** he started to threatn the rogue trader. Now my character was a protective type at least to his friends and hurled an insult at him. To which the eldar replyed with the if I had a coin thing accept before he said the last part I screeched I'll be a millionaire and proceeded to charge him and almost taking him out the game in the tutorial.