Memories of Taanab objective

By Kositp, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Does the objective prevent the striking unit from resolving its attack, or does it simply add an extra focus token on the unit but it still gets to attack. The wording is ambiguous to me.

The text on the card says: Reaction: After a target enemy unit with 1 or more edge-enabled combat icons is focused to strike, focus a Pilot card to place 1 focus token on the striking unit.

Does the objective prevent the striking unit from resolving its attack, or does it simply add an extra focus token on the unit but it still gets to attack. The wording is ambiguous to me.

It'll "just" get an extra Focus. In order to prevent it from striking you would have to place the Focus prior to the strike: i.e. when it was declared as an attacker; when you declared defenders; before or immediately after the Edge battle.

As soon as any unit is "focused to strike" it will be able to strike

> As soon as any unit is "focused to strike" it will be able to strike

Is that in a ruling somewhere? bcz I thought the sequence was "focus to strike" first, and then resolve icons ... so "after he focuses to strike" would be before he resolves the icons.

OK nevermind, I see it's a matter of waiting for an action window to apply the reaction in.

Edited by cwq23us
On 6/16/2020 at 8:40 PM, cwq23us said:

> As soon as any unit is "focused to strike" it will be able to strike

Is that in a ruling somewhere? bcz I thought the sequence was "focus to strike" first, and then resolve icons ... so "after he focuses to strike" would be before he resolves the icons.

OK nevermind, I see it's a matter of waiting for an action window to apply the reaction in.

Not about waiting for an action window at all (which you don't do for Reactions/Interrupts). But after a unit is already focused to strike, putting more focus tokens on it won't stop the strike from happening. It would need to have a focus token placed *before* it could focus to strike to prevent the strike.