Painting!

By Conundrum Eternal, in Star Wars: Rebellion

I can not wait to see you all (with the miniature painting gene) to show your skills with the DEATH STAR!!!

....and mini ISD

....and mini ATAT

....and alles!!

I always thought the Executor would look more badass with a hotrod paintjob.

Honestly, I think this may be one game with minis I won't paint...

I still look forward to some AWESOME paint jobs on the mini-miniature figures!!

Honestly, I think this may be one game with minis I won't paint...

I think I'm of the same mind as you. The simplicity of these minis, combined with the fact that they (aside from the Death Stars) don't represent a single unit, makes me feel that they'd be better left unpainted.

Still, I'll be looking forward to seeing what people do with them...

I'm looking forward to trying to paint this stuff, the storm troopers and rebel troopers may be a pain, but really looking forward to the Rebel transport and the ISD. Thinking I might try an do ever so slight variations so the ships could come off as slightly distinct.

Part of me wants to paint them, to 'pimp out' the game. But another part of me, realises that there's 150+ of them, I've got tons of Imperial Assault to catch up on, and that at the moment there's a nice visual contrast between the rebel/imperial units and that might be lost a bit, with them painted.

Part of me wants to paint them, to 'pimp out' the game. But another part of me, realises that there's 150+ of them, I've got tons of Imperial Assault to catch up on, and that at the moment there's a nice visual contrast between the rebel/imperial units and that might be lost a bit, with them painted.

Familiar problem, I have the same problem with Descent 2nd Edition. Sooo many miniatures still to paint. :)

Edited by Gridash

I'd paint the. The Stormtroopers would be easy: Spray paint white base coat, apply wash, highlight. Same with the other Imperials, though maybe somewhat greyer base coat.

It would be awesome if they came out with Imperial Assault-like minis to represent the leaders.

In fact, it would be awesome to have Imperial Assault miniatures for those leaders. They'll already have some of them.

I concur Mikael!...yes, if only to have a cross over of the imperial assault minis! I would purchase in hearz beat!!

Same exact situation here. My unpainted Imperial Assault minis are sitting on a shelf next to the painted ones making the hate flow through me. Here I am fantasizing about painting yet another SW boardgame. I'm thinking I might just compromise and give the pieces a light wash or two to make them pop (Grey/black for imps. Sepia/brown for rebels.) and call it a day.

Same exact situation here. My unpainted Imperial Assault minis are sitting on a shelf next to the painted ones making the hate flow through me. Here I am fantasizing about painting yet another SW boardgame. I'm thinking I might just compromise and give the pieces a light wash or two to make them pop (Grey/black for imps. Sepia/brown for rebels.) and call it a day.

Please share some photos here if you do. If I were to paint Rebellion, that's as far as I'd go as well. I don't play IA, but I've got scores of Talisman minis still waiting for proper paint jobs...

stormtroopers_zpsvemdfv1p.jpg

Stormtroopers, though I added a little black line over their brows after the photos...

rebel%20fleet_zpsqg9i1rdn.jpg

And the rebel fleet, minus the fighters and with the snowspeeders.

I'm not the best painter or anything but I couldn't deal with having grey stormtroopers... and, well, once you pop, you can't stop.

I'm changing my mind on the stormtroopers. I might do black base coat and then heavy white drybrushing.

What do you all think?

I'm changing my mind on the stormtroopers. I might do black base coat and then heavy white drybrushing.

What do you all think?

Might have been a better way to do things. I did white base coat with the nuhn oil then white on top and the dark spots really didn't show through as much as I'd have liked.

Yep, bit of wash and maybe a touch of highlighting.

Rebel%20Troopers_zps3evpcknv.jpg

Got the rebel troopers done tonight :D

I basically finished the Imperials this weekend. I just have to touch up 20 stormtroopers, do the basing on the ground troops and AT-STs (I'm mixing up the bases for space station/sand/snow/forest environments) and seal. I was pretty impressed how fast 80 minis could go. I'll try to post in a day or two. I tried going all black and drybrushing stormtroopers and it didn't work well, but then after priming them white and using nuln oil, most of the details popped and only needed a little black retouching on the mouths and eyes plus some white highlights. The Death Stars look really great if you paint lighter colored lines between the lines to add some subtle color variance instead of have them be all gray.

Edited by keschnell

Rebel%20Troopers_zps3evpcknv.jpg

Got the rebel troopers done tonight :D

Nice job! I'm guessing that these rebel troopers will be the toughest thing to paint in the game. The Imperial side went really fast due to all the gray and mostly white stormtroopers.

Storm Troopers.

1. Spray White
  2. Black Wash (Heavy wash, you want all those cracks filled)
  3. Highlight back up to white with brush