Balloon Busters

By Merlin Dex, in Wings of War (WWI)

Look at those beauties :

Balloon busters

As is said on I Can Has Cheezburger:

WANT.

:)

I`ve seen them today in Essen, Germany, at "Spiel09" at fantasy flight games . There are two big boxes with different Plane and Balloon. But it was only for show. They say we can buy them next year.

They looks great, but............the price of each box is 45 € !!!

I think, that`s a lot of money. Is it?

...again in Cheezeburgerese: Nom, Nom, Nom!

They look very nice, and I'm sure we'll find out the actual price point when they arrive.

Fritz said:

I`ve seen them today in Essen, Germany, at "Spiel09" at fantasy flight games . There are two big boxes with different Plane and Balloon. But it was only for show. They say we can buy them next year.

They looks great, but............the price of each box is 45 € !!!

I think, that`s a lot of money. Is it?

Crud, your first sentance got my hopes up.

But yes, it is expensive. Balloons in the right scale however are large and therefor cost a lot of money. Skytrex have one for £25, with the current pound prices it is probably better to buy additionally balloons from there after getting one (we still need tha cards and rules, and besides should we support the game. But we use 4-6 balloons and that gets way to expensive if the price is 45 euro), but it depends on what the final price will be.

Of course do you get a plane also with this pack and youll need to paint a skytrex balloon (and assemble it) so the tiebreaker for me is if I need the plane or not. It also depends on what the final price will be but I will buy at least 1 as long as it is under 100 euro.

Nice, "Bang for the Buck". They will sell well.

If that pricing holds, they will be a little on the costly side, but not totally out of line. I can see the die hard miniature plays picking one up, but I think most plays will pass on them and very few will get more then one.

HMS Hajj said:

If that pricing holds, they will be a little on the costly side, but not totally out of line. I can see the die hard miniature plays picking one up, but I think most plays will pass on them and very few will get more then one.

You might be right. The guys who play solo however got to have one (them, and me). I could see myself buying 2 of them, but not 4, our usual number of balloons on the map.

Can't wait to do a top down attack on one of these. Just not sure how to pull it off with the models?

Here's a couple vids of the Balloon Busters set

Potenza said:

Here's a couple vids of the Balloon Busters set

January rassafrassinbarckinfrackin....

(And why is the first "related video" for the first link to a video featuring Debbie freakin' Gibson?)

csadn said:

January rassafrassinbarckinfrackin....

(And why is the first "related video" for the first link to a video featuring Debbie freakin' Gibson?)

It works for me, and that is a good thing, DG is scary...