RTL dice upgrades

By Lord Loren Soth, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello

we are running a new RTL campaign and i noticed something on RTL manual about the dice upgrades,on page 9 regarding gold campaign it say:

<<The heroes may upgrade all of their trait dice to gold power dice>>

on page 23 it say:

<<in a gold campaign a hero can upgrade as many of his black and silver dice as he wants but only a maximum of one silver dice to a gold dice>>

so what's the correct sentence?

i mean when we will reach gold campaign can the heroes upgrades all their dice from silver to gold or just one from silver to gold?

thanks all you guys for the response :)

Lord Loren Soth said:

Hello

we are running a new RTL campaign and i noticed something on RTL manual about the dice upgrades,on page 9 regarding gold campaign it say:

on page 23 it say:

<<in a gold campaign a hero can upgrade as many of his black and silver dice as he wants but only a maximum of one silver dice to a gold dice>>

i mean when we will reach gold campaign can the heroes upgrades all their dice from silver to gold or just one from silver to gold?

I believe they addressed this in the FAQ, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be up to 3 dice to silver in copper level, all to silver and up to 3 to gold in silver level, and all to gold allowed in gold level.

Ok, it doesn't mention it in the faq, but if you look at the last page in the rulebook, where they have a little quick reference thing, that looks correct. looked at the rulebook on the descent support page and the last page there looks right, which is how I thought it was, above. It's clearly wrong that you can upgrade more dice to gold at silver level than at gold level.

Hammerdal said:

Lord Loren Soth said:

Hello

on page 23 it say:

I believe they addressed this in the FAQ, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be up to 3 dice to silver in copper level, all to silver and up to 3 to gold in silver level, and all to gold allowed in gold level.

Ok, it doesn't mention it in the faq, but if you look at the last page in the rulebook, where they have a little quick reference thing, that looks correct. looked at the rulebook on the descent support page and the last page there looks right, which is how I thought it was, above. It's clearly wrong that you can upgrade more dice to gold at silver level than at gold level.

thanks, i guessed that too but i asked just to be sure :)

another little thing i use a little house rule on the dungeon levels, i dont read all the specials to the heroes because i think it is better for them to discover the secrets instead of having it on a silver plate (like in a gdr heroes dont know things they have to discover it ) what do you think about that?

i prefer it in a gdr mode :)

Lord Loren Soth said:

on page 23 it say:

As many silver as he wants, but a maximum of one silver? Something's got to be wrong.

Maybe it was originally a maximum of one gold to a diamond or something?

Antistone said:

Lord Loren Soth said:

on page 23 it say:

As many silver as he wants, but a maximum of one silver? Something's got to be wrong.

Maybe it was originally a maximum of one gold to a diamond or something?

It is very clearly just a complete editing bollocks up.
What with the standards of other Descent rulebooks, it barely even rates questioning, the answer is so obvious.

How many dice heroes can upgrade at once?

Templarion said:

How many dice heroes can upgrade at once?

RtL pg 23
Train
A hero who visits a Training Ground in the train circumstance may purchase one skill upgrade, or up to two trait upgrades , by...