Several card questions

By Karukus, in Forbidden Stars

Hey guys

Managed to get a few games into forbidden stars, but several questions about cards popped up during the play.

First and foremost:

1Warp Gate: (eldar scheme card)

This card that allows movement on units from any to any area has been a game winner for my eldar friend. The game is objective driven, therefore it seems incredibly powerful to just move your best troops from one world to the objective world. If this is the correct interpretation of the card then how do you play against it at all ?

2Ork roks(order upgrade).

This ork card was supposed to fix issues related to limited ork ship capabilities, but due to it saying : move up to 2 of your units through 1 uncontrolled void I am most often left unable to use it at all. Is my interpretation correct ?

http://imgur.com/GwoOdlx

See image for paths I want to travel. Are both impossible with ork roks ? This leaves me with very limited options given the considerably low dice ork ships.

3. Touched by the warp(chaos tactic card)

This card says: Destroy 1 cultist in any system to gain 1 free upgrade card. Command level of that upgrade card canno exceed the number of warp storms bordering that system.

Does this card only refer to order upgrades(which are 1 card only?). Or does it include combat upgrades(which are 2 cards)?

And finally a question regarding tactic/scheme cards. The game often says discard. Discard if you use, discard if you exchange scheme cards etc. That said What happens to discarded event cards? Are they back into the event deck at the bottom ? Or mixed in ? I could not find a rule explanation for this. If discard removes them form play what happens on warp storm moving if I have no event cards to determine direction with ? If not can I draw the same event card multiple times ?

Sorry for the big question at the end but I cannot find the required info in the rules or I'm just bad at reading.

Hey guys

Managed to get a few games into forbidden stars, but several questions about cards popped up during the play.

First and foremost:

1Warp Gate: (eldar scheme card)

This card that allows movement on units from any to any area has been a game winner for my eldar friend. The game is objective driven, therefore it seems incredibly powerful to just move your best troops from one world to the objective world. If this is the correct interpretation of the card then how do you play against it at all ?

**Yes you can do that. In fact FFG have clarified you can move ships to another void instead with this card if you wish; however they have also clarified that you can't start a combat with it - so the defence against it is to garrison each Eldar objective with a single ground unit. It is powerful, though the other factions can do something similar (teleport units across the board) in some circumstances.

2Ork roks(order upgrade).

This ork card was supposed to fix issues related to limited ork ship capabilities, but due to it saying : move up to 2 of your units through 1 uncontrolled void I am most often left unable to use it at all. Is my interpretation correct ?

http://imgur.com/GwoOdlx

See image for paths I want to travel. Are both impossible with ork roks ? This leaves me with very limited options given the considerably low dice ork ships.

**No, because your Orks are moving through 2 void areas. They can only move through 1 - imagine you have a single extra ship acting as a bridge for them to move through.

3. Touched by the warp(chaos tactic card)

This card says: Destroy 1 cultist in any system to gain 1 free upgrade card. Command level of that upgrade card cannot exceed the number of warp storms bordering that system.

Does this card only refer to order upgrades(which are 1 card only?). Or does it include combat upgrades(which are 2 cards)?

**Both kinds, so you can take the pair of combat upgrade cards if you wish. If your opponents have boxed you in with 3 warp storms they could get a horrible surprise in the next combat...

And finally a question regarding tactic/scheme cards. The game often says discard. Discard if you use, discard if you exchange scheme cards etc. That said What happens to discarded event cards? Are they back into the event deck at the bottom ? Or mixed in ? I could not find a rule explanation for this. If discard removes them form play what happens on warp storm moving if I have no event cards to determine direction with ? If not can I draw the same event card multiple times ?

**Shuffled back in. Learn to Play book, p.7, bottom of column 1.

Sorry for the big question at the end but I cannot find the required info in the rules or I'm just bad at reading.

**No worries, we were still having to flip through the rulebook several games in!

Thank you for the reply Patriarch.

So the contested area rule does not apply when using the Warp gate scheme card and combat does not occur until triggered by an order ?

What happens if the capacity is exceeded and a player has to lose units ? Who loses units in this scenario ? The attacker?

This would truly balance the card a bit forcing the eldar player to use an order to get his objective, but gives me an odd feeling having a contested area and no fighting in it.

Sorry, the clarification is that you can't create a contested area through use of this card. So if another faction is present in the world, you can't use the Warp Gate card to send any units there. A bit of a major oversight on an already powerful card, but there you go.

This came from FFG in a reply to a question. In the absence of an official FAQ yet, I'd recommend this community one by Ridel on BGG. All the answers are consistent with the rules and feedback from FFG, and it covers pretty much every situation that has arisen in our games.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/120720/forbidden-stars-unofficial-faq

i resume this topic cause i need a clarification about the event card - Scheme.

when it is replaced by a new one or it's just used, where it goes? it is discarded from game or re-shuffled back to the event's deck? there is no mention about it in the rules reference.

thanks for ur support.

i resume this topic cause i need a clarification about the event card - Scheme.

when it is replaced by a new one or it's just used, where it goes? it is discarded from game or re-shuffled back to the event's deck? there is no mention about it in the rules reference.

thanks for ur support.

i quote myself cause i founded the right answer: all event cards used / discarded are shuffled back into the event deck.