Holiday Sale! Need advice!

By Strey, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Hey all.

First off, I know this is a discontinued LCG, but I've played with the core set quite a bit, casually with my brothers. Since we didn't have a lot of card variety (only playing with core) it didn't last long. Maybe 40 or 50 total games. We did enjoy the game, and this holiday sale could definitely help us get more mileage out of it at a bargain price.

I'm interested in picking up Cataclysm and some more sets for building in the multiplayer aspect so we can all play at once, and other sets for adding some variance to our play.

The deluxe sets @ $10 a piece seem like a solid bet, but if I want even more, which cycle of packs should I pick up? Or if you don't have a suggestion for a complete cycle, maybe which individual packs should I pick up. They are 3 bucks a piece so I wouldn't mind buying maybe about 12 of them or so -- that'd be 2 cycles or 12 indvidual best-of-the-best packs.

Keep in mind, I'm asking with a casual mindset, so I don't necessarily care about competitive (power) cards, but if there are certain cards needed that make factions "click" then I guess they would be important. Other than that, I'm interested in cards that make multiplayer more fun, and packs that would expand our library of cards in the most interesting ways.

Thanks in advance!

I'm doing pretty much the same thing as you. I am getting Eternal War cycle, which I've heard is really good, and the Morrislieb cycle, because I have a soft spot for tree spirits and my brother likes Troll cards.

I think it's the Eternal War cycle that add the Raider and Ambush keywords, correct my if I'm wrong. If I'm right, then that's my favorite cycle because I find those mechanics add a lot of fun to the game. But I think it's ALL good, especially Cataclysm mutiplayer! Strey, if you're ever headed up the Duluth way, send me some sort of msg. Maybe we could get together for some of that multiplayer action