Questions about the Emperor's Decree Event [Formerly: To Jay Little]

By Farin2, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

IF i can get to a copy for the pre-release would it be cool if i video the session?

Absolutely. I encourage folks participating in the Emperor's Decree pre-release event to take lots of photos, shoot video footage, or otherwise chronicle their experience. I'm really looking forward to seeing after action reports, photos, and video from the various stores participating.

Note To Fans In General: I do keep an eye on the forums and am well informed on the topics and fan community thoughts. If a fan feels it is important to contact someone at FFG directly, however, I'd encourage them to use the contact form on the web site. The email will then be forwarded to the appropriate department or person.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_atencion.asp

My FLGS has applied for the Pre-release and I will be running the demos for them if we get in. Is there any thing I can read or do now to "prep" for this event? We will be running it on both Friday and Saturday that week.

ynnen said:

Absolutely. I encourage folks participating in the Emperor's Decree pre-release event to take lots of photos, shoot video footage, or otherwise chronicle their experience. I'm really looking forward to seeing after action reports, photos, and video from the various stores participating.

Note To Fans In General: I do keep an eye on the forums and keep up to speed on the topics and fan community thoughts. If a fan feels it is important to contact someone at FFG directly, however, I'd encourage them to use the contact form on the web site. The email will then be forwarded to the appropriate department or person.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_atencion.asp

awesome!! great to know!!

"If you haven't signed up yet, hurry! We will make our selection of stores and post the complete list with dates and times on the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Community Page next week! To sign up follow this link to the Emperor's Decree Sign-Up Page."

sweet!!! next week guys!!! hope i get in!!! awesome stuff Jay...its good to know :)

Hi Jay,

Could you tell us a little about the store selection process for this event? Of course, we all want our FLGS to be included, but how will FFG be making the call on this?

Thanks.

Gobbo said:

My FLGS has applied for the Pre-release and I will be running the demos for them if we get in. Is there any thing I can read or do now to "prep" for this event? We will be running it on both Friday and Saturday that week.

The best advice I can offer at this time would be to browse the previous designer diaries. I've covered a lot of different topics, and touched on both some of the themes and mechanics the new edition features.

All previous diaries and links/posts regarding other official WFRP news and announcements can be found here:

WFRP - Official Fantasy Flight Games Announcements

Otherwise, stay tuned for more information and designer diaries.

I've changed the title of this thread to more accurately reflect the course of the conversation.

ynnen said:

I've changed the title of this thread to more accurately reflect the course of the conversation.

seems fair : ) it did turn into more of a questions and not a dead post lol : ) but yeah im hoping my store gets picked.....i wont say it as to not influence everyone to pick me :P all is well that ends well : )

Amateur WFRP3 vidcam heh! I'll probably shoot some pix. The stores like to have those up anyways.

jh

so yes...i cant wait to get my hands on this game......tehe!!!

I have a ton of experience as a GM in a variety of RPGs. However, no expereince with Warhammer

If I was asked to GM the preview - how much prep time (in your opinion) would I need to be able to GM the preview?

Ryndal

For a GM with previous experience (in any RPG system), I think an hour or less is a good estimate. The demo scenario includes page references to key elements to review before a demo, and if you've been following along with the designer diaries, I think a lot of the concepts will be easy to grok and integrate.

That's good to know that a experienced GM will have no problem to run this demo in very short time.